Nugget Shooter Forums

2011 12th Annual Steve and Geoff Party and Awards

Hi all!

I know some of you missed the Steve Arnold and Geoff Notkin Party and Harvey Awards and thought you might like this. I know JayRay and John B came in late as they were busy shoveling meteorites into the back of a truck or something.

So, I filmed all of it while helping with the streaming video and put it on YouTube. I had to break it up into segments as YouTube has a time limit.

You can find the link here: Http://desertsunburn.no-ip.org

Enjoy!

Also, stay tuned for an upcoming video on the Gold Basin cake. If ANYONE has any pictures of the cake or past Gold Basin parties, I could sure use them!!

Disclaimer: I am not a camera or video editing expert and most of the time have no clue as to what I am doing in that regard.

JayRay: check your email, you have two videos of you and Steve and you and Geoff to download.

Jim

Hi Jim

Great video feed. Where and how were people capable of watching it live ?? I think I've been to most of the Birthday Bashes since the begining. This one and the old El Fuenta restarant one were the worst for background noise and confusion from non participants. They are always fun with great turn outs. Jason and I got there just after you guys quit filming. Happy Huntin John B.

Hi Jim

Great video feed. Where and how were people capable of watching it live ?? I think I've been to most of the Birthday Bashes since the begining. This one and the old El Fuenta restarant one were the worst for background noise and confusion from non participants. They are always fun with great turn outs. Jason and I got there just after you guys quit filming. Happy Huntin John B.

Hi John!

Ruben and I ran the video live along with the chat session via an internet feed. I did the network stuff and Ruben did most of the filming for the feed. I had a second camera going and filmed the entire deal. Note that there are 5 segments to watch with all of them being something under 15 minutes each. I see most folks are not getting past segment 1. The whole thing is there.

People all over the world were "tuned in" watching. Some said it was like 2 am in the morning...the next day...watching it live!

We had comments all over the world and averaged 66 people on the chat group...all live and in real-time plus or minus a 6 second delay in the feed. We did the same thing at the auction and had a terrible time with the network. You might have noticed me typing away trying to get the internet back. Never got a chance to bid on anything....some of that stuff they were giving away!

Background noise was handled pretty good during the shoot. However, I have a boat load of video before the event that I can not make out what the people were saying 2 feet from the camera! Too bad too, we had a lot of great interviews.

Your video, BTW, turned out real good. We did not run that live. I even recorded the dog pile after you were done and folks were heading for the map. I never got a chance to look at it well.

Did you see the Gold Basin Cake video? Twink sent me some pictures to put on it....you are in one of them with Jim K.

Jim