Nugget Shooter Forums

High banker combo machine Question

south fork

I had a friend call today about a guy using a high banker with a suction nozzle set up in a creek bed. He wanted to know if it was legal Here in California. I say no because he's dredging. What do you guys think? As a side note this is most likely BLM land administered by the nature conservancy.

The only way he could possibly get away with it, is if he is using a recirculating HB and is at least 300 ft. from an active waterway. So, if the creek bed operation meets this criteria he's fine. Otherwise NO, it is not legal to use any type of "suction device" in an active stream. As far as I know, the "Sucker Tubes" are still legal.

The only way he could possibly get away with it, is if he is using a recirculating HB and is at least 300 ft. from an active waterway. So, if the creek bed operation meets this criteria he's fine. Otherwise NO, it is not legal to use any type of "suction device" in an active stream. As far as I know, the "Sucker Tubes" are still legal.

This guy is right in the middle of the creek. His argument was his machine is a high banker. I just hope he don't screw it up for the rest of us with more regulations along the south fork of the American corridor.

Sorry, but he's an idiot. :arrowheadsmiley:

Let me clarify something.

Dredging, is the removal of material from one place and placing it in another.

You are dredging when you use a shovel.

When someone refers to a "dredge", they are in fact refering to a "Suction Dredge".

It's a machine that uses suction to dredge.

It is the use of "suction" that is banned, not dredging.

:stupidrb: GO TO JAIL--GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL--DO NOT PASS GO--DO NOT COLLECT $200 BUT PAY A $1,000 FINE AND UP TO A YEAR IN JAIL. Do NOT go with this guy as you can/will be a accessory to the fact---John :baaasmiley:

:hmmmmm:

By the definition just outlined here, that would also include the gas/electric powered vacuums used to clean bedrock crevices.

Or, are those still included as high banking devices?

PS: Just contacted the office of 'The New 49ers" in Happy Camp, Calif about this question.

They inform me that the vacuum machines ARE NOT prohibited under the suction dredging rules.

Where did this 300 ft. from an active waterway come from? Iam a member of the new 49's and have highbanked

a lot of places on there claims. They hold group highbanking weekends also and I have never heard of that.

As long as your discharge water and processed material is not going directly back into the water you have

no problem (use a settling pond to take care of this problem).

Where did this 300 ft. from an active waterway come from? Iam a member of the new 49's and have highbanked

a lot of places on there claims. They hold group highbanking weekends also and I have never heard of that.

As long as your discharge water and processed material is not going directly back into the water you have

no problem (use a settling pond to take care of this problem).

The 300 ft came from the original Bill SB670 that started all this mess.

The 300 ft came from the original Bill SB670 that started all this mess.

Please tell us what state and when was it enacted, as I have said before, I have never heard; and Iam

sure there must be others also, of this RULE / Law befor and would like to know more about it.