Nugget Shooter Forums

GOSSAN VEIN?

I'm having a hard time seeing the pictures. Too small to see any detail.

Steve

Yeah Steve, I spent an hour or two messing with Photobucket and the photos that I have saved are OK and these are not. I tried to delete the post but was to late. I think that everybody should ignore this until I can produce better photos. thanks.

Bill C

Gossan veins pinch and swell. It looks like the veins that i have worked. One rock is not indicative of what the vein looks like just a few inches below.

The quartz is right. It is microcrystalline and shot with iron, so that may indeed come together in a gossan vein.

Rarely is a gossan vein continuous, especially near the surface where pressures are lower. That is why pockets are so common becasue things pinch, swell and erode.

Give her a pick and a collins axe and have her dig a couple feet into that vein past the decomposed rock while you scour the area below for a better sample. Within a few hours you will know if you have a gossan down there somewhere and if she really loves you.

Gossan veins pinch and swell. It looks like the veins that i have worked. One rock is not indicative of what the vein looks like just a few inches below.

The quartz is right. It is microcrystalline and shot with iron, so that may indeed come together in a gossan vein.

Rarely is a gossan vein continuous, especially near the surface where pressures are lower. That is why pockets are so common becasue things pinch, swell and erode.

Give her a pick and a collins axe and have her dig a couple feet into that vein past the decomposed rock while you scour the area below for a better sample. Within a few hours you will know if you have a gossan down there somewhere and if she really loves you.

Any photo can be resized with paint. Though I prefer to resize with photofilter.

Photofilter is a free program.

When resizing It's better to resize a large photo to a smaller one than a small one to a larger one.

I'll hand her the axe and tell her to dig a couple of feet into the decomposed rock and after your done go fetch me a six pack. If she does not try to use the axe on me then I know she really loves me.

Thanks for the info.