Nugget Shooter Forums

You gotta see this

i get about 3 dozen of those rocks every weekend/ i understand their megnecite [spelling sorry] i keep then to one day crush down to see if er is any gold in em.

any heavy magnetic rock i tend to save. some of those small black pebbles are very heavy for their size.

one day i got this big rock that drove the metal detector crazy/ broke it up and it has these brown layers running through it/ guess that must be iron.

i got loads of em multi coloured quart rocks too their nice looking, i think lol.

ive got 2 or 3 rocks that may be meteorites but id need an expert to verify/ i know there are tests but i havent got around to it yet one seems to have tiny diamonds in it// i mean tiny as in particles.

i know what the yella stuff is and im currently looking for me own glory hole. lol.

im keeping my fingers crossed for the lads in Alaska hopefully they get lucky// i would have loved to beenclose to their wash plant with my re circulating sluice. i do believe it would take weeks of trial and error to get the wave table dialled in.

Wow, I see now how some people make so much money off "meteorites", or just meteorwrongs.

I need to go gather up a bucket full of wrocks and sell them, make a fortune.

Aloha Jim,

Well, there is one born every minute!:rasberry:

And with the advent of the internet these people can really "reach out and touch the ignorant" with no problem.

This is the kind of thing that really hurts this hobby.

Aloha and be safe and wary,

Stan aka Ka'imi

I have never met a meteorite up close...never held one in my hands and ogled it. But, as I was scrolling through the photos, thinking from the start, "these are meteorites"? I should drive on down to the Lynx Creek slopes and fill my truck up with nicer ones.

I follow this forum and suppose that I am not as ignorant as most folk are but you have to be a far sight more ignorant than me to fall for this hoax. I wonder if they are going to get away with it? Honesty and fair play sure seem to be in short supply in our brave new world.

I guess I am going about this all wrong, I have only been able to find three, in the last five years. His add also said he was buying, I am sure we could help him out with some real nice ones, CHEAP!

Bunk

I dont know chit about meteorites , but even I know BS when I see it

Me too! I found this site by reading an email about the lack of advertising on Google in the GoogleAD part of the search page on the right hand side. You search for certain words or terms and these ads use to pop up. Now they don't due to the poor economy, etc. So I search around looking at what this lady was taking about and in the process found this site. Some where, I think the IMCA, has a committee that goes after such sites.

All I can say is Wow!:huh:

Jim

:puke:

Have they done no research into what they have? Or a blatant rip-off of the public? Either way it is sad for the meteorite community as a whole...

They need to be contacted and discouraged from selling terrestrial rocks as meteorites...

I have very politely done so and hopefully this feller will understand that what he is selling for the most part is terrestrial (earth) rocks!

Have they done no research into what they have? Or a blatant rip-off of the public? Either way it is sad for the meteorite community as a whole...

They need to be contacted and discouraged from selling terrestrial rocks as meteorites...

I have very politely done so and hopefully this feller will understand that what he is selling for the most part is terrestrial (earth) rocks!

Right on Bill!:thumbsupanim

Me too!

Jim

Hi All.

Have you checked this Ph.d and his Dr wife out.??? Noted authors. Can"t wait for the next book. The paranormal world will work its way in. Maybe friends of Tim Leary. Might even be on radio and TV before is over. On the other hand maybe the best joke of the century. Why would a couple with this much savvy look so ????

http://www.ghostweb.com/ghosts_gettysburg_book.html

Wayne

They have not responded to email and site is still offering rocks that are in no possible way meteorites for sale as such. It is truly sad to have folks like this among us in the hobby if they truly just don't care whether or not what they are selling is genuine. I am still hoping they will come around on this and just haven't seen the numerous emails they have surly gotten about this.

I am guessing this subject is showing up at other forums and will make the MET Forum soon if not already there.

Gives allot of credit to having your samples tested and properly ID'ed before offering them for sale anywhere to the public. The poor folks that purchase any of these rocks they are selling will likely find out quickly they are not meteorites when showing them to friends.

This will not due their reputation allot of good either...