Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia Train Wreck - Xrf, etc.

As most of you know, some folks believe the irons collected at Franconia originated because of a train wreck many years ago even tho where the train wreck occurred was not in the area the irons are mainly found.

This weekend we talked JayRay into getting one of his train wreck irons Xrf'd. Well, that train wreck must have occurred at about 23,000 miles per hour (+/- 15,000 mph) somewhere out of earth's atmosphere. That nickel just does not appear in train wrecks shrapnel!

:thumbsupanim

Aloha Jim,

OMG!! Lets not start that thread ,about train wrecks in Franconia, again. I had about all I can take on that subject!:tisk-tisk:

Great to see you had a great time at the Tuscon show. Unfortunately, some of us poor schmucks still have to work for a living.:inocent:

I will be hitting Doc,s office sometime this week to make a few upgrades/purchases for my SD2200 and intend on hitting Franconia on saturday if all goes according to plan.:brows:

I will be parked somewhere near the spot we first met up if not a little further north. Pretty hard to miss my jeep as I just washed and polished it. I wonder if that is what brought all the bad weather to Vegas lately?:whaaaa:

Aloha and see you soon,

Stan aka Ka'imi

Jim Smaller clarified that point, after a forum member argued it was train shrapnel.

Some people are gonna believe what they want and you can't change their minds.

I'm sure theres some shrapnel from that wreck but not to be confused with the strewfields pieces.

Aloha Jim,

I will be hitting Doc,s office sometime this week to make a few upgrades/purchases for my SD2200 and intend on hitting Franconia on saturday if all goes according to plan.:brows:

I will be parked somewhere near the spot we first met up if not a little further north. Pretty hard to miss my jeep as I just washed and polished it. I wonder if that is what brought all the bad weather to Vegas lately?:whaaaa:

Aloha and see you soon,

Stan aka Ka'imi

Roger that, Stan! Yeah...just wanted to mention the Xrf test as I've not read any other testing that was done...officially...bla bla.

You should look at ebay and franconia meteorites for sale if you want some more laughs about those.

My drivers side front brake caliper seems to be stuck again (second time)...not sliding as it should and I have to deal with that starting tomorrow. I will hope to get out there and hunt with you....but if I have to buy anything expensive for that truck, won't be able to make it. Spent a wad buying meteorites at the show. I dug through boxes of meteorites until my virgin hands began to bleed!

Jim