Nugget Shooter Forums

a couple more nuggets from the old patch

Guest goldstudmuffin

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi All,

I found 2 more nuggets today in the same old patch... cleaning out this old patch was almost as good as finding a new patch! :) I hope you enjoy the pictures.

post-86-0-95179000-1296787950_thumb.jpg

Hi Russ Nice gold :arrowheadsmiley: I assume that these came from the same 4000 patch :inocent: question would it be fare to say that if you would have went back with the 4000 that you could have found more with it :hmmmmm: ---reason I ask is you keep going back with your souped up 3500 and finding nuggets that you missed on your previous trips there with the 3500 :spinnin: Mike C...:ph34r2:

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Russ Nice gold :arrowheadsmiley: I assume that these came from the same 4000 patch :inocent: question would it be fare to say that if you would have went back with the 4000 that you could have found more with it :hmmmmm: ---reason I ask is you keep going back with your souped up 3500 and finding nuggets that you missed on your previous trips there with the 3500 :spinnin: Mike C...:ph34r2:

Hi Adam and Mike... thanks

Hi Mike,

Sure we could have missed a few nuggets but this makes 10 nuggets now that were very soft targets, the kind you have to dig down 4 or 5 inches before it get any louder. The area is not that big, it's one little drainage off a hillside 150 feet long and a flat area 40 yards wide X 50 yards long. Two of us used 4000's and even tried the souped up 2100's (way too many hot rocks) and a third person used a goldbug (too many hot rocks for te also). We hit the area many times over until there were no more nuggets or so we thought and we stoped hunting it. Anytime you find a 1.5 ouncer in a patch it gets pounded hard for a long time. :cigar: Last Saturday I found a 4 dwt'er 12 feet away from where the 1.5 ouncer was.

Mike if you have a old patch that is all clean out we would be more than happy to give you a demonstration, no charge... well just the nuggets. :ninja: ^__

I have several old patches and all models of the Minelabs swing on them. Seems everyday is a different day, same ground with new nuggets. When I work old patches, you have to drag your coil extra slow and checkout every noisey spot. Using different brands of coils, sometimes using less gain are a few of my methods with my GPX 4000. Most important is a positive mind set and holding your mouth correct!!! Russ, WTG and keep them nuggets popping!

LuckyLundy

Hi All,

I found 2 more nuggets today in the same old patch... cleaning out this old patch was almost as good as finding a new patch! :) I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Very nice :thumbsupanim

Mike if you have a old patch that is all clean out we would be more than happy to give you a demonstration, no charge... well just the nuggets. :ninja: ^__

Hi Russ I have patches that I've been pounding for years and still manage to pop a few here and there---just when I think a place might be done out pops another--no patch is ever truely cleaned out-I noticed most of what your finding is of decent size-I bet theres some littler dinks in there that your not hearing---when you think your done lets see what the latest and greatest deeper beeper can find :brows: Mike C...:ph34r2:

Heck yes!!!!

Archived