Nugget Shooter Forums

3 more nuggets &1917 auto pump

Guest goldstudmuffin

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi All,

Snuck back over to the same old 4000 patch I hunted on Saturday, I found 3 more nuggets. The 1917 automobile pump data plate come from checking out a new area that had been drywashed... so we need to go back and detect it. :zip-lip:

post-86-0-69922800-1296524562_thumb.jpg

Guest goldstudmuffin

Thanks Jerry, Luckylundy, and Bill,

I dug one nugget at the edge of a very large 10 foot pack rat nest filled with cholla on the side of a U shaped drainage that most of this gold is coming from. So I can't hunt a 10 foot area under the pack rat nest on that side of the wash. When I was a young boy in Boy Scouts I burned lots of Cholla, and it burns very well. :inocent: What are the odds there is any gold under the pack rat nest? You know the stories about trade rats... maybe I could just trade him a shiny .22 brass for a nugget! :yuk-yuk:

Russ - Very nice chunks!!! I looked up the Pitner auto pump. It looks like what we now call a brass bicycle tire pump. What a find. Very cool. I dug up a data plate from a Cessna 208 muffler outside of Stanton ,it was down over 2 inches in the dirt. You just never know what's going to come out. Dave

Guest goldstudmuffin

Thanks Gentlemen.

I didn't find the pump just the brass warranty plate, I did some reserch on the Pitner automobile pump also. I found a antique solid brass on ebay for $200, they were $5.00 new in 1917 :tisk-tisk:

Hey Russ...Burn the cholla nest...Rake it and split the finds with me! ... Cheers, Unc