Nugget Shooter Forums

Look what the 4000 missed

Guest goldstudmuffin

Scott and I found these in an old "cleaned out" patch today... it was cleaned out with the 4000's over about a 2 year period :hmmmmm: the big one was about 12 feet away from where a 1.5 ouncer was found. The area was hunted many times until we thought it was cleaned out. We've got to go back to several more old patches now. :D

post-86-0-42221200-1296353088_thumb.jpg

Scott and I found these in an old "cleaned out" patch today... it was cleaned out with the 4000's over about a 2 year period :hmmmmm: the big one was about 12 feet away from where a 1.5 ouncer was found. The area was hunted many times until we thought it was cleaned out. We've got to go back to several more old patches now. :D

Were they deeper or just closer to something that obscured them ?

Nice gold :thumbsupanim Can you say who the 4000 operaters were :inocent: Mike C...:ph34r2:

Hi Mike & Bill

Russ found that patch, and was the operater :hahaha:

gold bug operater has yet to find a nugget there! :*&$*(:

Russ allmost cleaned it out first day all except the real soft targets. with the 4000 the target was there or no target at all.

lots of hot rocks, the 4000 purred threw it hitting the gold targets.

Russ yesterday was kicking all kinds off hot rocks out of the way, and diggin lots of targets to find those 4 he found.

NF

3500IJ

The 2 bigger nuggets were very faint signals on the 3500... the 4000 signals were like ringing a doorbell. It either rang it or it didn't, there were no soft or faint targets with the 4000. This patch is loaded with hot rocks and the 4000 just purred right along, it even purred right over the deeper faint targets.

Here's a picture from 3 years ago after the first two days in this patch using the 4000. I should call this patch... "a hole in one" :yuk-yuk:

post-86-0-73643600-1296408097_thumb.jpg

You say these nuggets were missed by the 4000s, that must mean you found them with a new machine? Maybe a Minelab 5000?

Everything I'm reading these days indicates the 5000s are a real game changer. Nearly back to square one.(Well....almost)

All the "Old patches" need a going over again with finesse.

I think that every time a newer, more powerful machine comes on the market, and 'Quantum leap' technology is perfected in metal detection, it'll be a new world for you detectorist guys!

You may have to dig a little deeper, maybe dig smaller targets more often, but the "Sitting ducks" are still there.

Always will be!

You may have to dig a little deeper, maybe dig smaller targets more often, but the "Sitting ducks" are still there.

Always will be!

FYI-sitting ducks are the easier shallow big ones which in most patches are long gone by the older beepers :inocent: Mike C...:ph34r2:

Hi All,

I had Ismael Jones do full mods on my 3500 about a year ago. I'm very pleased with the mods and I would do it again in a heart beat... I've been told he took a job that doesn't allow him the time needed to do the mods anymore. So if you feel your 4000 isn't doing the job see your favorite friendly Minelab dealer about a new one. ;)

FYI-sitting ducks are the easier shallow big ones which in most patches are long gone by the older beepers :inocent: Mike C...:ph34r2:

Not being a detectorist myself, I thought it meant any piece of gold not likely to be washed out by storms on a regular basis.

I wonder if the recent floods in Australia have created a whole new generation of "Sitting ducks" in their gold fields?