Nugget Shooter Forums

LSD Dry washer?

SGTFDA

I'm taking a ride over to LSD Sun to try out the mini dry washer I bought from Frank C. I noticed on past trips to LSD dry washing piles just above the washes on the benches. The gold I've found in the past in the area is very very small so I thought it is a perfect place to try the dry washer. My question is for those who have dry washed LSD in the past. Am I better off in the wash or on the banks above or both.

SGT a flat screwdriver, stiff long bristle brush and a dustpan or any flat piece to sweep onto will do if you don't have a vacuum setup.

The less you have to pack an carry while moving around sampling/checking various spots the better off.

Looks like I'm headed to Quartzsite this weekend to deliver a unit an detect a bit.

I am currently drywashing a small area between 2 hillside feeder washes and am doing quite well. Getting my stuff together to hit it again today. Got near a gram in 3 hours with the grand son yesterday after work so will hit it again today.

Have drywashed every area you asked about including some slopes with success. Just sample around until you find a paying area, but many of the washes have been worked over and over though amazingly you will still get a little color after good rains.

If reference to Frank's stiff bristled brush, a "parts cleaning brush" from your local auto parts store works great.

And then of course don't forget a strong young man to take care of the unloading, toting, digging, classifying, and bringing you the buckets to run. And of course keep the beer iced.

Patrick in Havasu.....

Thanks for the tips guy's. I'm onto to a spot (not LSD) that I can 4 WD into the wash and use my generator and a shop vac with not much effort. I will try that there. I also have a 12v portable wet set up. My wife bought me a SPOT locator. She knows my habbit of going alone off the beaten path.