Nugget Shooter Forums

Heard of a rod type of gold detecting?

Jerico

Hey guys,

A guy at my work the other day says his wife`s uncle has some type of gold detecting machine that works by placing rods in the ground about 10 feet apart in a square configuration. He told my friend he was getting about 5 pounds of gold pure 3 tons of dirt or something like that. Well I laughed a little bit and told him that didn`t sound right to me. <_<

I kind of remember hearing about a type of device like this and it was expensive but i dont believe itwould work. You guys ever hear of this miracle nugget machine? Five pounds of gold per 3 tons? Not likely.

Jerry

The only rod induction methodology I've ever seen work utilized radioactive isotopes and microderm backscatter betaray technology. The tests were conducted on my trinity claims by the mineralogy students from San Louis Obispo university and they spent a couple a weeks there trying out my ideas. Great results but the caveat is --my ol'welding rod L rods came up with the SAME EXACT AREAS to mine--what a hoot--John :arrowheadsmiley:

About $10000 for one. Picks up trace elements in the soil. So they say. I know the fellow from finderskeepers that is using one. Claimed he found the gold bars I was looking for. Said the unit told him the bars were in iron chests buried 8 ft down in the rocks. He dug his hole and hit water. The unit was picking up trace iron and gold in the soil. He was in the wrong spot anyway. The story was in every paper in the country. A old partner knew a fellow in Texas that made his own and that unit did work.

A dealer on the east coast sells them. Kellco or something like that.

Radio active rods into the ground about 2' deep every 50' in a broken line offset and osciliscopes on all 4 sides of the grid. Electrical resistance measured through radio active isotopes to the oscilliscopes. Locations determined by trans-sectioning. Folks used to laugh at color enhanced side scan sonar for looking many MANY feet into solid rock too till the 16-1 mine pulled millions. Folks also laughed at shock waves and mini man made created earthquakes again till BILLIONS found. Ifn' ya all don't keep a open mind your pocket will be mt forever in this amazing age a science. :stupidrb: John

JasonG, you are correct. The greater the spacing between the rods, the greater the depth; however, this would mean less resolution for smaller targets. The more rods, the greater the resolution. However, I have seen resistivity used for the location of somewhat smaller targets such as ore veins and in central NC, diabase dikes (in the Durham Triassic basis). Resistivity can also be used to detect groundwater depth under the right circumstances.

The resolution/depth relationship with these resistivity/conductivity rods would be similar to the relationship between a 5" Excelarator coil and a 21" nuggetfinder coil on a metal detector. The 5" coil would pick up small targets at shallow depth. The 21" coil will go deep, but might skip right over the smaller targets.

About $10000 for one. Picks up trace elements in the soil. So they say. I know the fellow from finderskeepers that is using one. Claimed he found the gold bars I was looking for. Said the unit told him the bars were in iron chests buried 8 ft down in the rocks. He dug his hole and hit water. The unit was picking up trace iron and gold in the soil. He was in the wrong spot anyway. The story was in every paper in the country. A old partner knew a fellow in Texas that made his own and that unit did work.

A dealer on the east coast sells them. Kellco or something like that.

Sounds familiar. A buddy of mine spent $40K on a Honda generator with a "contraption" attached to it. A fellow out of Houston sold it to him. We went out and tested it. The guy said it would find caves, gold, solver, iron, or anything you wanted it to. He drove four rods into the ground, started the generator and walked around with a couple of bent divining rods. The bearings were drawn on a map and the machine was moved from location to location. Where the bearings crossed there was supposed to be the target. He found lots of BS that day but he couldnt find the cave, the brass bell in the cave, nor the four ounces of gold in my pocket. Despite the complete failure to find squat my buddy parted with his savings for that machine.

We were setting that machine up right where there are three major gold veins that have produced millions. He couldnt tell me where the veins were, nor the strike of the veins. He claimed to be able to locate a small particle of gold, yet he was set up right over a good placer and seemed to be unaware that he was on paydirt. He said that the machine worked on the "molecular wavelength of the item you are searching". He repeatedly found a krugerand that he knew the location of but it never gave a signal on a four ouncer in my pocket, nor the 27 ounce pocket we found 20 feet away a couple years later.

I inherited the machine after my friends death. The "control panel" was an empty box with a half dozen push buttons wired to nothing. The generator power went into a circuit box but had no transmitter at all. Just a printed circuit board and a few components. I took all the crap off the generator and now use it for backup power.

As far as I can tell it is the exact same unit that Kelleyco sells. The guy in Houston (I wont mention names)has denied ever meeting my friend or spending a day with us. He denies he sold the machine to him but his card is on the equipment and he gave me the same business card. I still have his card somewhere in my stuff.

If this is the same machine it is a complete scam. It is a good generator with $20 of hocus pocus on it.

Yep a guy from Kentucky sold my buds Pete P and Rich Kadolph(RIP ol'friend) a lousy dealership with 4 machines and tested,tested and tested some more in Auburn back in about 88. The local distributor said--and I quote. Well if your not satisfied just sell'm to another joker??? sweet rip off for over $15,000 :*&$*(: John