Nugget Shooter Forums

I have been using a set of Bose IE2 Headphones for a little while now and really like them. Very soft in ear setup and the sound quality is unbelievable on my GPX 5000.... I have never used a set on any detector that had this good of quality sound and really is a big difference over any other headset I have ever used. Darn things don't hurt after a couple hours like most el cheepo in ear sets. Guess the cost isn't to bad and about the same as any of the after market ones like Black Widow or Grey Ghost...

ie2_headphones_bh_lg.jpg

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=DTC_LINKS_TARGET_EVENT&DTCLinkID=7467&perfsourceid=k9677&src=k9677

Any issues with wind noise Bill??

I wear them on the beach as well, and have no problem with wind noise at all - Great post Bill :thumbsupanim Terry

It looks like you need a plug in adapter for the larger diameter on the headphone plug in..Yes?

Otherwise, it looks good...Cheers, Unc

These definately look interesting,

which of the three models are you using Bill?

and as Ron said, do you need a headphone plug adapter?

Thanks,

Flak

None at all so far Bucket....

It looks like you need a plug in adapter for the larger diameter on the headphone plug in..Yes?

Otherwise, it looks good...Cheers, Unc

Yes Unc...

These definately look interesting,

which of the three models are you using Bill?

and as Ron said, do you need a headphone plug adapter?

Thanks,

Flak

The first set IE2 at 99.00 David....

sorry to diverge slightly from the excellent earphone reccomendation but... I have a set of logitech freepulse wireless headphones that came with a M/L Extreme I bought. They do work well with the detector in my home but have not used in the field. this is essentially bluetooth tech so would the signal interfere with the P.I. detector?

thx

tazman

The first set IE2 at 99.00 David....

Hi Bill

Have you got them caught in a tree yet.

If I do how will they hold up.

Sounds real good to try.

Thanks for the tip. I just can't get away from using my Black Widows. I tries a couple different speaker systems and switched

back to the headphones after a couple hours. Maybe I'll give these a try.

Cheers.

Bill,

Looks like a nice addition to any metal detector.

How is the length of the cord compared to headsets like the Black Widows ?

wonderer

Hey Bill you can't gp wrong with Bose :thumbsupanim I have a pair of Bose QC2 noise canceling headphones that work really well especially on windy days :head: Ithey are'nt cheap though they run over $300.00 a pair :cigar: Mike C...:ph34r2:

You certainly can't afford to use cheap headphones. They can absolutely make the difference between hearing a nugget or not hearing one. And to think some people don't even use headphones when detecting for gold is crazy.

Steve

Hi Bill

Have you got them caught in a tree yet.

If I do how will they hold up.

Sounds real good to try.

Hi scott,

I run the cord up from my pack and attach along the shoulder strap with Velcro cable wraps so there is no cord hanging out to snag and have had no problems. It is a typical thin cord found on this type set so care should be taken in where you run your cord.

Hi scott,

I run the cord up from my pack and attach along the shoulder strap with Velcro cable wraps so there is no cord hanging out to snag and have had no problems. It is a typical thin cord found on this type set so care should be taken in where you run your cord.

How about the pouch to hold the controler at your body? Do you have them? :angry-smiley-010[1]:

sorry to diverge slightly from the excellent earphone reccomendation but... I have a set of logitech freepulse wireless headphones that came with a M/L Extreme I bought. They do work well with the detector in my home but have not used in the field. this is essentially bluetooth tech so would the signal interfere with the P.I. detector?

thx

tazman

Anything wireless is going to have to transmit data to the earpieces, and that could interfere with the PI operation. All has to do with the frequencies being used by both devices.

Do you know what frequency the PI operates at?

Mike

Thanks Bill

I checked out the reviews. looks like the only complaint is the lack of noise isolation. seems perfect for the detectorists, great sound but you can still hear rattlers.

Which adaptor did you go with? i noticed some pricier than others..

Landon

Thanks Bill

I checked out the reviews. looks like the only complaint is the lack of noise isolation. seems perfect for the detectorists, great sound but you can still hear rattlers.

Which adaptor did you go with? i noticed some pricier than others..

Landon

I am using the IE2 with a medium ear piece...

Bill Are you selling these or do I get them online? Can you still hear a snake shaking at you? Dave

Bill Are you selling these or do I get them online? Can you still hear a snake shaking at you? Dave

Hi Dave, no I do not sell them, but they are online here... BOSE IE2