Nugget Shooter Forums

nitex dry washer fabric

silvervortek

some body on the forum told me about the nitex screen thats used in the new dry washers. i went on to their site but there must be a hundred different micron sizes of mesh.

does any body know or have one of these new dry washers with the nitex screen/ is it wrote on it what the mesh sie is/ it should say some thing like 500 micron.

the micron nimber goes from 20 to a thousand from what i remember looking at the site and that stuff isint cheap. but if its good stuff its worth spending the $$$.

I made the post. As far as I know no one besides myself has used Nytex. It is great for fine gold as the gold will go through the seive cloth and not get blown away. And the static charge is good too.

I use a 56um over a support screen. Depending on the design of your table you can sandwich the nytex between two pieces of 1/4" hardware cloth and make a super table. The added profile of the wire cloth on top of the nytex traps nuggets and tumbles the material. Very little loss of gold even when the material is damp.

The beauty of nytex is that it does not matter if the fabric gets wet. A piece of cotton muslin gets dirty and muddy and the pores clog up. Nytex is monofilament and will never clog. Just dry it out and rub it clean and you are back in business. It also lasts a heck of a lot longer than cotton or poly cotton blends.

I made the post. As far as I know no one besides myself has used Nytex. It is great for fine gold as the gold will go through the seive cloth and not get blown away. And the static charge is good too.

I use a 56um over a support screen. Depending on the design of your table you can sandwich the nytex between two pieces of 1/4" hardware cloth and make a super table. The added profile of the wire cloth on top of the nytex traps nuggets and tumbles the material. Very little loss of gold even when the material is damp.

The beauty of nytex is that it does not matter if the fabric gets wet. A piece of cotton muslin gets dirty and muddy and the pores clog up. Nytex is monofilament and will never clog. Just dry it out and rub it clean and you are back in business. It also lasts a heck of a lot longer than cotton or poly cotton blends.

thanks a million Bob thats great to know that i might be able to get one of their off cut pieces and try some of the fibre glass screen along with it.

i used silk to replace the damaged cloth i had on the riffle tray. the silk works mighty at getting the fine gold/ gold so fine the other cloth did not capture it plus i increased slightly the dead one under the riffles.

i dont think the silk will last all that long though and it would be great to have the nitex ready to go. it seems gettin gold is all about research and development.

I am not sure if this is the stuff you are looking for, or how the prices are. Here is a link...

http://www.smallparts.com/s?keywords=nitex&page=2&size=20&searchNodeID=16310161&ref_=sp_s_page_2_b&x=11&y=1782

I hope that works,

More Au to you, Robert

thanks a million Bob thats great to know that i might be able to get one of their off cut pieces and try some of the fibre glass screen along with it.

i used silk to replace the damaged cloth i had on the riffle tray. the silk works mighty at getting the fine gold/ gold so fine the other cloth did not capture it plus i increased slightly the dead one under the riffles.

i dont think the silk will last all that long though and it would be great to have the nitex ready to go. it seems gettin gold is all about research and development.

Bob is 56 um the same as the 50 micron mesh/ i guess i can do a little research on line and translate thu um into micron.

the um sounds familair like its probably an imperial measurement.

i wonder how much a riffle tray would cost from keane it would be handy when trying different meshes.

thanks for your help.

I am not sure if this is the stuff you are looking for, or how the prices are. Here is a link...

http://www.smallparts.com/s?keywords=nitex&page=2&size=20&searchNodeID=16310161&ref_=sp_s_page_2_b&x=11&y=1782

I hope that works,

More Au to you, Robert

thanks Robert for link i found that site and have it saved to favourites, as you can see there is a load of different micron mesh sizes. the puzzle is which size to get as the stuff is fairly expensive.

i need to start gettin a good bit of colour to keep up with the costs of fuel food and prospecting equipment/ i guess the money could be spent in worse ways though.

take care and thanks for posting link.

Bob is 56 um the same as the 50 micron mesh/ i guess i can do a little research on line and translate thu um into micron.

the um sounds familair like its probably an imperial measurement.

i wonder how much a riffle tray would cost from keane it would be handy when trying different meshes.

thanks for your help.

A micron and a "uM" is the same, so 56 uM would be 56 microns, the "u" is not the proper symbol, but it is the only thing close on a keyboard, the "u" stand for "micro", the "M" stand for meter, so "uM" stands for micrometer, as does micron.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micron

http://www.convertunits.com/info/um

http://www.convertunits.com/from/um/to/micron

300 mesh is between 45 and 50 microns, depending on the sieve manufacturer.

Skip

some body on the forum told me about the nitex screen thats used in the new dry washers. i went on to their site but there must be a hundred different micron sizes of mesh.

does any body know or have one of these new dry washers with the nitex screen/ is it wrote on it what the mesh sie is/ it should say some thing like 500 micron.

the micron nimber goes from 20 to a thousand from what i remember looking at the site and that stuff isint cheap. but if its good stuff its worth spending the $$$.

Hi

I guess the fabric micron size would depend on the size of material you wanted to pass through the fabric. um and microns are the same

one thousand of one inch (.001)=25.4 microns ,,(.019)=500 um all of which would be catagorized as what we call flour gold (blow away gold)

four thousands of an inch (.004)is about the average diameter of a human hair.

Phone Keene Enginering and ask what mesh they use on there drywashers ,I beleive they have a n 1-800 number

Keep truckin

Rodd