Nugget Shooter Forums

Tucson Show Live Video Streaming

Hi all!

For those that can not make the Tucson Gem and Mineral show this year, Rubin Garcia has been kind enough to volunteer and film the Michael Blood's Auction and just maybe other stuff as well! This is a first and has brought worldwide excitement to the meteorite community.

You can see the video here, just follow the link http://desertsunburn.no-ip.org/index.html or go to Rubin's page and look down on the left for LIVE VIDEO FEED.

There is also a chat* link set up and actually usable now.

So, stay tuned to "MTV" Meteorite Television

*Foxfire users are having issues with the Chat. A report has been submitted to Mozilla. Windows Explorer works good.

Enjoy!

Jim

Jim

Rubin Garcia has been kind enough to volunteer and film the Michael Blood's Auction and just maybe other stuff as well! This is a first and has brought worldwide excitement to the meteorite community.

Thanks goes out to Rubin and anybody else that is helping out with this project

Jim, you are the man, thanks for your hard work on this, do you have your own server at your house? It looks like you are going to run this out of your house..! I may be wrong, my wife tells me am wrong all the time, but thanks anyway for putting in the work to find out what is happening.

See you out in the fields

Rick

Jim

Thanks goes out to Rubin and anybody else that is helping out with this project

Jim, you are the man, thanks for your hard work on this, do you have your own server at your house? It looks like you are going to run this out of your house..! I may be wrong, my wife tells me am wrong all the time, but thanks anyway for putting in the work to find out what is happening.

See you out in the fields

Rick

\

Hi Rick,

We should probably try and avoid getting our wives together!! Boy Howdy, could we be in trouble!!rolleye0012[1].gif

This was not my idea, I only helped Rubin test it with others. Spent much of the Afternoon yesterday helping him dial it in and I must say it's going to work pretty darn good. He had Hopper and his kids...well come to think of it....he had his whole family involved with the testing. Hopper was the star attraction during the testing and a hand full of folks got on there and checked it out.

This is absolutely great for those that can not make it to the Auction. There may be some bugs but should work very good.

Michael Blood is going to allow third party bidding during the auction. So if someone is watching the video and wants to bid, they can have a friend there on a cell phone to do the bidding. Of course that friend would have to pay for it before leaving and Michael will accommodate that. That is a great idea for people around the world and a first for this year for this event. I hope that someone actually does this.

Yes! Bravo Zulu to Rubin....he is going to be a busy puppy doing all of this...but its all fun!

I do have my own server here at the house. My little simple web page is served off it. I am just quickly handwriting my pages, so nothing real fancy at all....I probably would run out of bandwidth pretty quick. I also have some live radio feeds off of it.

The pipe I have feeding this little server would never handle the bandwidth that is going to be required for folks to view it.

The links are embedded so the bandwidth comes of the main serving service.

Anyway, if you are not going to Tucson, stay tuned to this chat and video feed. I think it will be better than the local news!!

On the chat, you do have to log in to send a comment. However, if you just want to watch, to can see things go by as a guest.

Logging in is no big deal.

Hope all enjoy it and find it useful.

Here is more info in the bidding... I am passing this on from another list as FYI

Hi everybody,

This has come up more than once, so, PLEASE READ:

If you have been asked by a friend to bid FOR THEM,

There are two possibilities which require completely different

procedures:

1) You bid for them on your number and you PAY for the item(s)

And you TAKE the items with you. This is no problem and

Requires no action different than your usual bidding practices.

2) You want THEM to pay and me to ship to them - THEY must

Email me, "register" as an absentee bidder. If you bid for someone

Else either you pay or they have made arrangements with me

In advance. - definitely pick up a bid card FOR THEM if they are

Registered with me.

Have them make it clear to me YOU will be bidding for them,

NOT me! (It would not do for me to bid for them - you bid for them

and they are driving up their own price!)

STEAMING VIDEO can be seen by going to:

http://www.mr-meteorite.net/livevideofeed.htm

THEN click on "UPSTREAM"

(this info is also in my on-line catalog) - thanks to

Ruben Garcia

Best wishes, Michael

And

Hello,

Anyone intending to make an absentee bid:

I will take absentee bids on the phone up to the day

BEFORE the auction, BUT, to avoid confusion and be sure

Your bid is placed, it is MUCH better if you get your bid

Into me by email BY WED (2 days) this week. (That way

You know your bid will be written into the MASTER CATALOG

I will use during the auction - things get very hectic once I

Leave San Diego. (Hell, they're hectic NOW! - but at least

I have all my material readily available to me)

You should get a confirmation from me within 24 hrs

(or your email got lost and you should email again)

Thanks, Michael