Nugget Shooter Forums

detecting gold?

yogibaer

hi,i am new to this forum

i have a minelab etrac but i am actually not a coin or relic hunter.i was reading the book from andy sabich.

well....i have no problem to find silver in rocks with the coin program but what program to use for golddetecting?

talking about goldnuggets of 1gramm or less.....more less.

can somebody help me out with a program?or did i buy the wrong minelab?

Hi YB I had a etrac for a short while and its an alright coin beeper but not good for nugget beepin---you could try and run it with little to none disc and try it out on some split shot fishing sinkers--the etrac was never intended for nugget beepin but if the gold is big and shallow enough then any beeper will do-but unfortunatlley most of the sitting ducks are gone---good luck :head: Mike C...:ph34r2:

Hi YB I had a etrac for a short while and its an alright coin beeper but not good for nugget beepin---you could try and run it with little to none disc and try it out on some split shot fishing sinkers--the etrac was never intended for nugget beepin but if the gold is big and shallow enough then any beeper will do-but unfortunatlley most of the sitting ducks are gone---good luck :head: Mike C...:ph34r2:

That pretty much sums it up and you have a great beeper, but designed for coins, relics, rings, etc. Now if you are in an area you plan to hunt and can get it to run smoothly in the hot soils you encounter in most goldfields you still have a chance. Experiment with sinkers very small and up and you will be able to hear like sized nuggets at about the same depth.

Coin relic and gold detectors are designed differently and many coin machines while deadly in the park or on the beach will suffer greatly trying to work in hot constantly changing ground especially when it comes to small gold under a gram.

Good Hunting

You have an awesome machine! I use mine religiously for relics and coins and it surely finds its share. It is a silver sniffing beast and will sniff out a silver coin from even the trashiest areas. However, it was just not designed for gold nugget beeping or really small targets. I did recently recover a very tiny ceramic button with a brass back from about 7" deep in a civil war camp here in the South Carolina lowcountry using the stock coil. So, with that said, it will pick up a small target at depth. However, the brass back on that button may be a little more conductive than a gold nugget this size would be. I am going to post a photo of the button, which total size is about the size of a pencil eraser.

Hope this helps!

Robert

post-1705-0-23637600-1295914759_thumb.jp

hi,mike c

thanks for replying to my post.i properly was buying the wrong detector,thats what it is

.....wolfgang...

That pretty much sums it up and you have a great beeper, but designed for coins, relics, rings, etc. Now if you are in an area you plan to hunt and can get it to run smoothly in the hot soils you encounter in most goldfields you still have a chance. Experiment with sinkers very small and up and you will be able to hear like sized nuggets at about the same depth.

Coin relic and gold detectors are designed differently and many coin machines while deadly in the park or on the beach will suffer greatly trying to work in hot constantly changing ground especially when it comes to small gold under a gram.

Good Hunting

thanks bill,

i can see my chances to find smal gold with it is almost not possible.

what to do?

i was buying the etrac from kellyco last fall and never used it in the fields,only in my yard.

i am in canada,cariboo aera,likely b.c.

where can i advertise my detector or trade it in for a golddetector?

i am not so familiar with computers,...one finger system,and english is my second language.

....wolfgang...

You have an awesome machine! I use mine religiously for relics and coins and it surely finds its share. It is a silver sniffing beast and will sniff out a silver coin from even the trashiest areas. However, it was just not designed for gold nugget beeping or really small targets. I did recently recover a very tiny ceramic button with a brass back from about 7" deep in a civil war camp here in the South Carolina lowcountry using the stock coil. So, with that said, it will pick up a small target at depth. However, the brass back on that button may be a little more conductive than a gold nugget this size would be. I am going to post a photo of the button, which total size is about the size of a pencil eraser.

Hope this helps!

Robert

hi robert

i can see you like your machine,do you need a second one?

i was buying my detector to fast.

thanks for repleying,

...wolfgang...