Nugget Shooter Forums

GB2 or Minelab Eureka Gold?

montanian

Im debating on which one to get. I already have a gb2 on lay away but i seen this eureka gold in the same price range and was just wondering if anyone has used the Minelab Eureka Gold and liked the results. Well thanks for your time guys.

Im debating on which one to get. I already have a gb2 on lay away but i seen this eureka gold in the same price range and was just wondering if anyone has used the Minelab Eureka Gold and liked the results. Well thanks for your time guys.

I have used them both. I have had a Gold Bug 2 for a long time now, and when the Eureka came out, I purhcased one to try it out. I used it in the California Sierras for about 3 months. I sold it and still have my GB2. I found the GB2 to be much lighter, easier to use and way more sensitive to smaller gold. I like my Minelab GPX 4000, but I did not find that I would have gained anything form keeping the Eureka and getting rid of my GB2. Now it could have been that I was used to the GB2, but I hunted with them both and took both of them on the same trips. There were a number of times I found very small nuggets (less than 1 grain) with the GB2 that the Eureka could not recognize. Since smaller gold is more available than larger gold, I chose to get rid of the Eureka and keep the Fisher. Perhaps some others have had a different experience. If I were you, I would see if I could borrow or rent them both before you commit to spending that much money. If you have tiny nuggets in your neck of the woods, you cannot go wrong with the GB2. Just my opinion, however. Regardless of which detector you end up with, be sure to purchase an excellent set of headphones. I use the SunRay ProGolds and I really like them. But there are many good ones out there, like Nugget Busters, Black Widows, etc. Jst be sure you find them to be comfortable and sensitive to the wispers the small nuggets will make. You would hate to miss any nugget, since they are not easy to find. Good luck.

Well thankyou very much for your feedback. I mite be buying a minelab 2100v2 for 1000.00 but im not sure. In the meantime i am very much interested in the GB2 or Eureka Gold. Anyways thanks for the feedback.

I have a Eureka gold now for 4 years, my friends have a GB2. I started from scratch with learning the Eureka, he started with the GB2. Hunting together we compared the sound of each detector over the same target. With the Eureka in 20k freq, the target will be a little whisper, his GB2 will sound off with a higher tone. Now , switching the Eureka to 60k freq, the signal is a higher tone than it was at 20k, but still a tad quieter than the GB2. I love the option of having a choice of using three different freqs with my Eureka Gold. GB2 owners love the machines. As it was allready posted, try both machine if you can get the chance, but it boiled down to using you machine and learned it sounds and what it is telling you. Dig all targets, and practice and pratice some more. If I find a nugget at 20k, I will grid and check the area on that setting. Once I am satisfy and no other target is jumping out at me, I will switch to 60k, and grid the area again. I normally find a more nuggets at 60k. Its a combination I think of all ready having the trash pick outta the area, and the 60k being more sensitive. Its works for me!

More Au to you, and good luck,

Robert