Nugget Shooter Forums

New Iron Found...

Folks are you ready for a story....a true one??..the same person that found this meteorite came to me

about one year ago with another he had found...he only hunts meteorites...that weighed over one ton...I

think I posted pics of them lifting it out of the ground with a front-end loader...he came to me wanting

me to help him sell it...I explained how important it was to verify and classify the find...he wouldn't

say who the land owner was...total secret about everything...again I explained I had to have certain

info and the approximate time involved and that he needed to get a license to export the stone...and above

all don't go blabbing his mouth to everyone about it...I also told him for my time and expense that I

wanted 20% of the sale...that ended the story for my part!!

About one month later a TV crew showed up in town....he called them...they put it on the air...National TV..

no less...only a few days later the Feds showed up and confiscated the whole thing...I think they bought him

one lunch at the restaurant here in town until he told them where it was located...end of that story...

Now he's pulling the same thing...no location(it could be part of my Uruacu fall)and I told him how to take

the pics which he didn't do....so now I don't know what's going to happen from here...I'll keep you posted...

Morning Ben...don't get your hopes up here's why....

the locals here don't know anything about classifying or how or where...I've been through this drill with

gold...diamonds...emeralds and meteorites...to you and I it's the same as a con game but to them here it's

just a way of life...their thoughts are get me insterested...I spend a lot of time and money doing what is

necessary and then they go around the corner and sell the item for peanuts and then I won't see them again

for a year or so....

The Tucson Gen show coming up would be the perfect place to exhibit/sell something like this but that's out

of my league...

The most I'm will to do at this point is take some good pics...and get a GPS fix to see how close it is to

my Uruacu fall...

Thanks for the interest and reply...

Hey Garimpo,

We're going to be at the Tucson Show on the 5th and 6th, is there anything I can do to help you out THERE at the show? It would sure be great if this find could see the light of day. Maybe you can "falar sentido" with these people.

Ben

Ben I've never been to the Tucson show but would love to go sometime...I've been told that some of the

exhibitors are from Brazil and they have barrels full of stones of all kinds...I'm sure they know how

to get the proper paper work authorization but I don't have a clue...I wish I did...nobody in this small

town knows how either...

If you see some meteorite people there from Brazil get me their emails if possible and I'll get in touch

with them after the show...don't tell them what town I'm in or the TV station may be back to report this

find like they did the one ton iron....

Thanks for the offer of help...it's appreciated greatly....

Hi Garimpo,

I will keep my eyes and ears open. The only guys from Brazil that I remember were strictly mineral dealers, but they would still know about the permitting process, so I'll see what I can find out. It is also possible that one of the dealers that I do know, will have a line on someone from Brazil.

Ben

Ben I've never been to the Tucson show but would love to go sometime...I've been told that some of the

exhibitors are from Brazil and they have barrels full of stones of all kinds...I'm sure they know how

to get the proper paper work authorization but I don't have a clue...I wish I did...nobody in this small

town knows how either...

If you see some meteorite people there from Brazil get me their emails if possible and I'll get in touch

with them after the show...don't tell them what town I'm in or the TV station may be back to report this

find like they did the one ton iron....

Thanks for the offer of help...it's appreciated greatly....

Don't mean to be a spoiler but if the Feds confiscated the first one, why wouldn't they confiscate this one also?

Steve