Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin Finds

120.jpgDSC01377.jpgSo the other day I was at Gold Basin working an area that had been well hunted over the years. I was hunting the side hills avoiding the hard pan ridges that were covered in old dig holes. As I walked around a bush I saw a rock that looked exactly like a meteorite. "No Way"! I thought to myself. Having been fooled before I ran my GMT over it and was rewarded with the familiar iron grunt! I was pretty excited as visually finding a stony in Gold Basin is like finding a needle in a haystack in my opinion. I wondered why this one hadn't been found by John B or Jim Kriegh or the numerous other people over the years. This one was sitting on top of the ground in plain view as the picture shows. I guess this one didnt sink into the ground because of its circular shield shape, not sure though. DSC01383.jpg Guess I just got lucky! Regardless this will make an awesome addition to my collection. Here's some other recent finds from GB Total weight of the shield one was 45 grams

Terry, Wow! Nice finds man. I've only found one on top in a wash, face up, just setting there, a 24 grammer; there rest were dug up, except for less than 10 gram fragments. Excellent work! Great pics, keep'm coming. Clifton

So the other day I was at Gold Basin working an area that had been well hunted over the years. I was hunting the side hills avoiding the hard pan ridges that were covered in old dig holes. As I walked around a bush I saw a rock that looked exactly like a meteorite. "No Way"! I thought to myself.

/snip/

Awesome find, Terry! I've got to get up to that area and check it out!!

Jim

judging from its position on top of the other rocks I am guessing you found one of those "pesky hot rocks" some nugget hunter found and gave a throw...all the surface exposed meteorites I have found were at least a little bit down in the soil matrix...either way it is a nice find!

Fred

Hi Terry and All

OOOOOPPPPPPSSS :whaaaa: !! SOB dangit :angry-smiley-010[1]: !! If it was near a barrel cactus I dropped it while rolling down the hill while chaining !! I had a pouch with several kilos that went flying when my chain got hooked on a barrel cactus sending me rolling backwards down a hill flinging meteorites in all directions :olddude: . Terry we specked quite a few of them and I had several on my video that we specked at quite a distance. My personal largest GB 1600 grams I specked at 50 foot or so poking up outa the ground. I'm certain Jim and I picked up several hundred pieces that other gold prospectors had dug and left in the hole, on the side of the hole or in the bushes closest to the detector holes :yuk-yuk: . We sure had a lot of chuckles outa those :hahaha: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Hi Terry

One more story :unsure: . My largest GB nugget I found while skirting an obvios nugget patch picking up all the caliche coated meteorites that some nugget hunter had been flinging down the hill :whoope: . Well one of those calechie balls was a 1.5 ounce specie with about an ounce in it :whaaaa: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Aloha Terry,

Excellent job out there but then again you were using a GMT!:thumbsupanim BTW, where you using a stock coil or the goldmax coil?:shrug:

Nice finds and hope to run into you out there one day.

Aloha,

Stan aka Ka'imi