Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kgmrg

Franconia

Greetings to all especially Stan

A few years ago Stan was kind enough to meet me at Franconia, unfortunately my find was a small ( less than a gram) fragment. I plan to be at Franconia on Saturday the 19TH of February. Does anyone plan to be there on that date and would be willing to hook-up with me?

I have little experience, but own a GMT and a strong willingness to learn. Thanks in Advance, Richard

Aloha,

You must have been reading my mind dude!:thumbsupanim

That is a three day weekend and on friday it is also a full moon. I havnt done a full moon hunt at franconia for a loooooong time and since the weather will be nice, got my fingers crossed as I write this, I had planned on coming out friday late and then hunting all day saturday for sure. Keep in touch and will plan on meeting up with you at the Pilot truck stop early saturday morning for some coffee and a donut or two.

Got to get you a bigger specimen this time out since you are a GMT fan.:whoope:

Hopefully being a three day weekend there should be more takers for this weekend but you never know.

Aloha and keep in touch.

Stan aka Ka'imi

I'm game but keep this post with the date yer goin so I remember the date. I need some lessons on path finding from Stan.

Might take the trailer down there.

That's Great!

I look forward to meeting up with you again.

Richard aka kgmrg

Greetings to all especially Stan

A few years ago Stan was kind enough to meet me at Franconia, unfortunately my find was a small ( less than a gram) fragment. I plan to be at Franconia on Saturday the 19TH of February. Does anyone plan to be there on that date and would be willing to hook-up with me?

I have little experience, but own a GMT and a strong willingness to learn. Thanks in Advance, Richard

Sounds like we have a task force hunting trip again. Count me in! :thumbsupanim

Can anyone come along?

I'm a newbie to prospecting for meteorites, and am going on a trip to Franconia in March with several other hunters. I'd like to join up with you guys, too, if that's OK.

Aloha,

Whew, almost forgot about this weekend date so looks like I will have to hit Doc's store for sure this week to get my SD2200 in topnotch working order. Especially if Frank and Uncle Marvin intend to show up.:tisk-tisk: Going to be hard keeping up with them for sure.

Aloha and looking forward to meeting new and old friends.

Stan aka Ka'imi

Stan if I make it down there I'll have ya shake hands with Uncle Marvin, last time I let somebody do that it was Bunk an he got his 1st big piece at the basin 100 plus gramer.

Franconia has ALWAYS been a tough hunt for me I keep thinkin I'm gonna come across a whale of a piece like Jimbones did one time.

Just had ta post this pic I really enjoy lookin at this.

The coil is a Whites Meteorite Master not a Gold Master !!!!!!! :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

Hapy Huntn

post-562-0-69756600-1297162856_thumb.jpg

Stan if I make it down there I'll have ya shake hands with Uncle Marvin, last time I let somebody do that it was Bunk an he got his 1st big piece at the basin 100 plus gramer.

Franconia has ALWAYS been a tough hunt for me I keep thinkin I'm gonna come across a whale of a piece like Jimbones did one time.

Just had ta post this pic I really enjoy lookin at this.

The coil is a Whites Meteorite Master not a Gold Master !!!!!!! :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

Hapy Huntn

At the Tucson show, I was told that someone found a 1 pound meteorite out there last week.:o

Jim

1 pound is nice but it dont compare with the one on that coil.

At the Tucson show, I was told that someone found a 1 pound meteorite out there last week.:o

Jim

Aloha Jim,

I dont know about last week BUT on 9/27/07 I found these two pieces about 25 feet apart totaling 794 grams. I have still yet to find that third piece if it is still out there hiding.mad0229[1].gif Since then I have found several pieces in the 100 - 328 gram range all in this same general area with my GMT using the goldmax coil. Hopefully with the SD2200 I will be able to get some real depth and locate even bigger pieces deeper in the soil. One can dream!!:ROFL:

So, yes there are probably still a lot of big pieces just waiting for someone to walk over them with a coil that will reach them and send a signal back to you yelling "Here I am,come get me!":whoope:

I can hardly wait for either you to find one so we all can hear you scream till you go hoarse. Of course if Wendy finds one first, then we better have some earplugs handy.:lol:

Good luck and see you both soon.

aloha,

Stan aka Ka'imi :olddude:

post-1619-0-75939200-1297206479_thumb.jp

I'm game but keep this post with the date yer goin so I remember the date. I need some lessons on path finding from Stan.

Might take the trailer down there.

This weekend is coming up pretty fast. I am wondering who is all going to be showing up this coming weekend???

Does anyone plan on camping and making this a 2 or more day event? Wendy and I are planning on being there and I know a few others may show up. So, I am watching the weather and I hope it was like this weekend because it was perfect out there.

Jim

Aloha Jim,

You can count me in for a day trip for sure. My "Sister" and a couple of other nuns are coming to Vegas for the weekend and I need to be home by 8PM so I can take them to a Vegas show. Should be an interesting evening hanging out with three nuns.:baaasmiley:

I will be stopping by Docs on monday to pick up my Gold Screamer Amp and speaker setup so I will be roaring to try them out.:brows:

Aloha and see you guys soon.

Stan aka Ka'imi

Where is everyone planning on camping? I'd like to show up and learn more about "rite" hunting, since I'm only about 30 minutes away !

Patrick in Havasu.....

I hate to put a "damper" on things, but NOAA is calling for definite rain at Franconia this weekend. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Franconia&state=AZ&site=VEF&textField1=34.7394&textField2=-114.268&e=0

I'm only 18 miles away, so I will be posting "current" conditions here in Lake Havasu.

I just hope the "weatherpeople" take this opportunity to again be WRONG.

Stay tuned,

Patrick in Havasu.....

Thanks Patrick

They have been wrong many times before, maybe we will all get lucky, and it will blow through tomorrow. It's a wait and see game, for now..!

I hope to see you down there Saturday morning. Till then have a good one .

Thanks again!

Unfortunately, I can't make it, due to another commitment Sat. night. And after seeing the WX forcast, probably a good thing. Those metoerites have been waiting for thousands of years and can wait a bit longer. Jason ;)

I wanted to make the Franconia hunt and meet everyone but after looking at the weather think im gonna sit this one out. So good luck to all, and find the big one! And post pics of your finds!

I wanted to make the Franconia hunt and meet everyone but after looking at the weather think im gonna sit this one out. So good luck to all, and find the big one! And post pics of your finds!

Weather in Parker is cloudy and cool. No rain yet. Wendy is in Mojave Valley right now and she says cloudly and a little cooler. Havasu is same according to ham radio buddy there. He stated the rain is suppose to be tonight. Keeping close tabs on Wx. Don't forget,,,3 day weekend....could hunt Sunday or Monday too!!!

Is it raining in Vegas or vicinity???

Jim

No rain in Vegas today the sun is out, and they are calling for rain tonight...!

To all

I'm thinking of heading out tonight from Riverside and getting a room in Needles, in hopes the rain will hold till Sunday.

Anyone else willing to chance it? Any suggestions?

Kgmrg( Richard):shrug:

I don't see what the big deal is with this rain that they are forecasting, living in the desert where you don't get what I would call rain, seeing how I came from Fla. where you couldn't see ten feet in front of you some time when it was raining.

They make a big deal out of 1/4" of rain out here if you get that much in 24 hours.

I hope to see everybody down there, but that is up to Stan since I'm riding along with him....!

I don't see what the big deal is with this rain that they are forecasting, living in the desert where you don't get what I would call rain, seeing how I came from Fla. where you couldn't see ten feet in front of you some time when it was raining.

They make a big deal out of 1/4" of rain out here if you get that much in 24 hours.

I hope to see everybody down there, but that is up to Stan since I'm riding along with him....!

I had property in Avon Park, FL for a dozen years or so. I could never get over those lightning rods on the houses there. We think we have a bad moonsoon! When I deployed to the gulf for DeepWater Hoizon (the oil spill) It rained more in a few hours when in Biloxi, MS

than it has rained here in a few years! and i wont talk about Pensecola!!

I do find my detector takes on a whole other character swinging it over wet soil. So the rules change a little bit.

Right now in Parker, Mostly cloudy, sun is popping out, no rain, slight breeze.

Hey...worst case, we all head for a coffee shop or bar! I've had some good times at the Honolulu Club!

Just think tho...Jason is not going to be there, so we can find all the ones he was going to find!!!:inocent:

Jim

Just shows more wind and rain. Terry and I planned to go out this weekend but we have no refuge from the rain at franconia.

Aloha,

Well being from Vegas I am going to gamble that the bad weather is going to miss franconia!:inocent:

Rick and i should be at the Pilot truck stop around sunrise if anyone wants to meet up with us for coffee and donuts.

Aloha and see you out there (I hope).

Stan aka Ka'imi