Nugget Shooter Forums

Found a tool at Franconia today

During today's hunt, I found a tool someone likely dropped. If you can describe it, I'll be happy to give it back to you.

Until then, I am putting it to good use! :blink:

Jim

http://desertsunburn.no-ip.org/index.html

Aloha Jim,

If it's green and is made of plastic then you found my trowel/rake finally.

Aloha,

Stan aka Ka'imi

I didn't bother to read what you wrote in the link because I tend to not click on links like that to avoid viruses.

I did lose a GPS somewhere out there a few years ago. Is this what you found or was it a pick?

Del

Was it my pick? It was green with pink strips, and a magnet on it...........! I also lost my airplane out there, small model was red on the north side! You would think that it would stick out like a sore thumb, we hunted for about an hour on that one and then gave up. I should have had the GPS locator turned on but forgot to.

I never thought that I could lose it in the desert, it about 100 yards off the tracks, down by the signal lights, north side of the tracks.

After I lost it I got out of flying radio controlled models, my wife would not let it go, she thought it was to funny, and did a good job of rubbing it in!

Rick

So far, no no no.

Well guys we could have some fun with this lost and found thing, by just leaving something out in the field and see who finds it. They will move it to somewhere else in the same strewn field, and see if someone else finds it a note would be put with the item to move it some were else and not to remove it from the strewn field.

No quite geocaching, as no one would leave any information about its location. It might add a little fun to all are hunts when we come up empty-handed, but had the bragging rights to finding our lost item!

The item would be left out in plain sight, and not buried, once one was put in a strewn field, no more would be added, and the fact that there was one out there to be found would be post in a lost thread.

We wouldn't want a bunch of trash put anywhere, so one thing would be the limit!

What do you guys think?

Was it my pick? It was green with pink strips, and a magnet on it...........! I also lost my airplane out there, small model was red on the north side! You would think that it would stick out like a sore thumb, we hunted for about an hour on that one and then gave up. I should have had the GPS locator turned on but forgot to.

I never thought that I could lose it in the desert, it about 100 yards off the tracks, down by the signal lights, north side of the tracks.

After I lost it I got out of flying radio controlled models, my wife would not let it go, she thought it was to funny, and did a good job of rubbing it in!

Rick

Aloha Rick,

Sounds like the area I used to park my jeep in a couple of years ago. Stopped doing that because I once forgot to mark it on my gps and it took me almost 40 minutes to locate it. Lots of tall brush and trees in that area. Kind of spooky if you are afraid of snakes too!!:whaaaa:

Will keep an eye out for your plane tho the next time I hit that area.

Aloha,

Stan aka Ka'imi

PS: Oh yeah, we love to find meteorites BUT we also have brain farts and leave stuff behind while we walk away admiring our finds. Glad to see I am not the only one losing stuff out there.:brows:

Well guys we could have some fun with this lost and found thing, by just leaving something out in the field and see who finds it. They will move it to somewhere else in the same strewn field, and see if someone else finds it a note would be put with the item to move it some were else and not to remove it from the strewn field.

No quite geocaching, as no one would leave any information about its location. It might add a little fun to all are hunts when we come up empty-handed, but had the bragging rights to finding our lost item!

The item would be left out in plain sight, and not buried, once one was put in a strewn field, no more would be added, and the fact that there was one out there to be found would be post in a lost thread.

We wouldn't want a bunch of trash put anywhere, so one thing would be the limit!

What do you guys think?

Say Rick, sound like cool idea. Maybe a small square tin box, big enough inside for a pencil and a note pad. The instructions might read "At least you weren't skunked today, you have found the famous Franconia moving geocash (or not-skunked) box; Please add your name and the date to list of finders on the notepad. Photograph the notepad with your name on it for bragging rights on the forum; and if you wish, move the box several hundred yards or more and burry it (in the one gallon plastic bag?) so that it's just barely, 1/2 inch, below surface level (no washes, no big rocks). Please GPS the new location, but keep it to yourself. Need to add the forum URL, incase it's a non-member who finds it. Sounds OK to me, it would be good to find the box on a day when all your finding is 50 cals. Of course it would be a heart stopper, huge zip zip detector report, "Oh boy I found a biggie"; but no a tin box. Clifton