Nugget Shooter Forums

New crazy idea.....

Jim Gilmore

Ok, i'm sitting in NYC and hoping to get to drywash some when I am in CA next month. Looking at a post on YOUTUBE at a popcan solar heater made me wonder.

I;m wondering how I could build and use one to really heat the air going into my puffer somehow and dry the dirt as I drywash..

New York City?! I'm in White Plains - small world. Wouldn't you want to dry the material BEFORE you feed it into the drywasher Jim? - Terry

New York City?! I'm in White Plains - small world. Wouldn't you want to dry the material BEFORE you feed it into the drywasher Jim? - Terry

Ideally yes, was thinking maybe using a metal hopper with a screen on top and maye a dual layer bottom.

The bottom is a place for hot air to be heatinng this hopper and I could use it to classify and dry the dirt ?

It's an idea , not sure how effective it would be. but if the air is 120 degrees that makes the hopper nice and hot.

Maybe have it pass through 2 or 3 times?

Your kicking a dead horse.

Just take a small recirculating system and use water on the wet dirt.

Ok, Whom makes and sells a resonable recirculationg sluice that works well on fine gold ?

Big nuggets and chips I am sure I would get with the detector. but the gold I usually find is Fine.. well under 40 mesh.

And the second problem is that the water will liklet turn to mud. So I would need to have 2 levels set up for water to settle in maybe the sluice at 3-4 feet off the ground running into 1 storage bin and a second bin under that. ?

Ok, Whom makes and sells a resonable recirculationg sluice that works well on fine gold ?

Big nuggets and chips I am sure I would get with the detector. but the gold I usually find is Fine.. well under 40 mesh.

And the second problem is that the water will liklet turn to mud. So I would need to have 2 levels set up for water to settle in maybe the sluice at 3-4 feet off the ground running into 1 storage bin and a second bin under that. ?

What's your desired price range?

:eee: Just get some elcheapo black plastic,let it get hot(5 minutes) and spread the dirt thin and dry in no time(unless soaked). 2 runs through a air driven drywasher is usually sufficent to run. I put a 4' x 4' wood framed classifier and throw the dirt there and what goes through lands on the black plastic,then as the pile grows smooth and spread. As the layers get thick simply shovel off the hot plastic to reheat and run some more. :D John

:eee: Just get some elcheapo black plastic,let it get hot(5 minutes) and spread the dirt thin and dry in no time(unless soaked). 2 runs through a air driven drywasher is usually sufficent to run. I put a 4' x 4' wood framed classifier and throw the dirt there and what goes through lands on the black plastic,then as the pile grows smooth and spread. As the layers get thick simply shovel off the hot plastic to reheat and run some more. :D John

Thanks John that sounds easier much and more portable. biggest problem with sluicing there is water quality and quantity.