Nugget Shooter Forums

Mining Claims: let's get serious.

Guest Gripper

Guest Gripper

First of all, if you're not part of Pubilic Lands for the People, you are not fighting for your rights.

Second, read my post/posts, as in all of the post, just don't react because of reading the first sentence or two. What am I talking about? Just picking out what pisses you off?

Third, and most importantly to me: if current mining regulations didn't border on a murderous choke hold, my state would pull itself out of the pit that it is in now. Massive revinues from mineral extraction would be realized. The fake miners claiming up land that they don't work only add to the problem. I hope that someday both of these roadblocks to the real miner will fade out. At that point, those serious about mining wouldn't have to jump through hoop after hoop to get a plan of operations, on top of being locked out of productive public lands which only exist as a fantasy for fake miners. Piss or get off the pot.

Gripper

First of all, if you're not part of Pubilic Lands for the People, you are not fighting for your rights.

Gripper, I am about to put my foot directly into a big steaming pile of controversy but.. PLP is a huge waste of time and money. It may have started out as a project with good intentions, but the only people it is benefiting is lawyers, not miners. For all the money that has been donated to this organization, there is VERY little to show for it, and there has been NO trickle-down benefit for the everyday gold prospector.

I gave money, then I figured out nobody really knows how that money is being spent. No annual reports, no plan, just angry miners bitching – to each other! We need a lobby in Washington, but PLP aint it. - Terry

The state could not get it self out of a wet paper bag, There are so many restriction to minning that it is almost imposible to do at a commercial level.,I wanted a plan of op for my claim ,They {BLM} wanted over 20,000.00 to just talk about it,We figured it would cost over 40.000.00, and 3 yrs just for permiting to be able to work it,

After being a staunch PLP supporter for many years(all the time while Hoser was warning me), donating thousands in cash and fine jewelry for the raffles. and hundreds of hours, I have given up on them, . Seems like the only positive thing money has done for them is to support Jerry's lifestyle and waste money on a third rate lawyer that has screwed up so many deals the courts just throw out his cases one atfer the other. The latest being the suit against the El Dorado National Forest and the road closure issues (screwed up access to a claim I used to own). That was thrown out with prejudice meaning it can never be filed again. How about the SB670 suit that was thrown out? Has anyone ever seen a financial statement for them???? Next they will screw up the road closure issues in the Plumas National Forest.

Your statement piss or get off the pot..... Yup I pissed away way too much money and time, but it's time to get on the pot and $hit on them!

Get a Grip, there are thousands of sections of land available for claim, you just have to do the work!

Guest Gripper

Thanks for the replies, I had no idea that anyone had a beef with that organization.

A mining partner of mine is all about it and has donated large sums to fight SB 670.

A question then, is there any organization that is making an impact?

I don't hear the gpaa doing anything to fight the ban. Or are they?

I want to see mining not just survive but flourish in this state.

It could turn the backwards state around.

Gripper

These 4 guys gave you some darn

good information.

I reviewed the ElDorado case and

the decision .A first year paralegal

could have made a better case. This

case was doomed before it was presented,

and a real lawyer wouldn't have even

showed up in court to argue it.

I have warned people about checking

out some of these crusaders before.

They talk a good game to get your

money.

Personally I use the same lawyers

that the big mining companies do.

They don't work cheap,but they won't

waste your money and time fighting

an ill prepared case either.

If you want to win join and support

the big mining companies groups,not

some hobby oriented outfit. The big

guys hire real lawyers,and have direct

contact with the politicians,that can

make stuff happen.

The greens and wackos win by pitting

different groups against one another.

They can pick off the little guys at

will,because they are under funded and

not organized. The timber industry was

scuttled in the same way.

At this point, write your Congressman and Senators and tell them California has usurped your rights as a miner. Give them your own thoughts. Big Mining is all but lost in the enviro whacked out once Golden State. The old mining laws are good, it is not those laws that have killed mining in California... the political numnuts in the Capitol Building did that with all of the regulations they burdened the mining industry with.

Gripper

These 4 guys gave you some darn

good information.

I reviewed the ElDorado case and

the decision .A first year paralegal

could have made a better case. This

case was doomed before it was presented,

and a real lawyer wouldn't have even

showed up in court to argue it.

I have warned people about checking

out some of these crusaders before.

They talk a good game to get your

money.

Personally I use the same lawyers

that the big mining companies do.

They don't work cheap,but they won't

waste your money and time fighting

an ill prepared case either.

If you want to win join and support

the big mining companies groups,not

some hobby oriented outfit. The big

guys hire real lawyers,and have direct

contact with the politicians,that can

make stuff happen.

The greens and wackos win by pitting

different groups against one another.

They can pick off the little guys at

will,because they are under funded and

not organized. The timber industry was

scuttled in the same way.

Sounds to me like it's time us little guys joined together with the commercial mining interests and became the "big guys" and kick some enviro-nazi booty in court and the legislature.

Tomax

First I don't claim to know everything. But when

you have depended on public land,and dealt with the

issues that go with it,for decades ,you pick up a

clue here and there.

Ed I used the large mining companies as just one

example. There is all kinds of public land users,

and combined they are a large group,with large funds.

A coalition of all land users in a combined effort

is what it will take to get any change. The greens

love to see division and small groups that are not

organized or well funded ,they are easy targets.

We should all be fighting for everyone,not just

for our own special little interest. Ranchers,

loggers,atv groups,miners,hunters,oil companies,and

other users should stand together regardless of size.

Once one group loses their rights,it is down hill

from there for the rest of us.

The local grass roots thing sounds good,but the big

problem with that is they tend to stay small and

local.The greens are an exception,their local groups

become part of a large coalition,with lots of funds

and influence .

Oh I agree sawmill but I don`t agree with alienating people from PLP because that is the only one we have fighting for us now.

I agree, all public land users need to get together to fight the enviros other wize we are sunk. Help PLP and that might be accomplished.

Just my 2 cents worth.

BY MY LIGHTS THERE IS NO SINGLE "MAGIC BULLET" OUT THERE. SOMETIMES A THOUSAND DIFFERENT POINTS OF LIGHT CAN ACHIEVE A LOT. IT IS UP TO EACH OF US, IN EVERY WAY WE CAN, TO PRESS FOR OUR FREEDOMS. THIS MAY TAKE THE SHAPE OF WRITTEN LETTERS BY THOSE OF US SO GIFTED OR INCLINED. IT MAY TAKE THE SHAPE OF PERSONAL VISITS TO YOUR LOCAL POLITICIAN'S OFFICE HEADQUARTERS -- GET SOME FACE TIME IN WITH THE HELPERS AND ASSISTANTS [THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ACTUALLY DO MOST OF THE LAWMAKING WORK]. THE CLUBS WIELD SOME CLOUT IF WELL DELIVERED. RIGHT NOW, IN AN ECONOMIC RECESSION, VARIOUS TV SERIES SHOWCASING INDUSTRIES SUCH AS COMMERCIAL FISHING, LOGGING, METEORITE HUNTING, MINING AND SUCH CREATE A PUBLIC AWARENESS ABOUT THINGS MANY AMERICANS KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. THIS COULD BE A TIME TO CAPITALIZE ON THAT PUBLICITY. CERTAINLY THE GREENIES WILL DO SO BY EMPHASIZING POTENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. BUT WE PROSPECTORS [PART TIME AS WELL AS FULL TIME] CAN TAP INTO THE MOMENT AS WELL. LET'S FACE IT -- THERE ARE A WHOLE LOT OF FOLKS OUT THERE WHO WOULD LOVE TO BE GATHERING NUGGETS BUT WHO ARE UNAWARE OF THE ROADBLOCKS THEIR GOVERNMENT HAS CREATED FOR THEM. IT IS GOOD THAT WE DISCUSS THESE THINGS AND I THANK BILL SOUTHERN FOR CREATING ONE OF THE MEANS FOR DOING SO. IT IS THROUGH A PROCESS SUCH AS THIS DISCUSSION THREAD THAT A MOVEMENT CAN TAKE FORM.