Nugget Shooter Forums

Lost Gold in Morgan City Wash

Nugget Shooter

I can see the masses loading up for a trip to the desert this weekend!

I hope you get a finders fee, Bill.

Paul

PS - Great article. This website gets more "funner" every day!

• 2 months later...

Your losing it Bill. You may recall I sent you that several years ago. I thought I would give you a chance at it before I arrived in AZ.

Your losing it Bill. You may recall I sent you that several years ago. I thought I would give you a chance at it before I arrived in AZ.

I have known about that story for years Frank and yes you did also send me a copy. I have several books here that also mention this lost ledge. Sure would like to find it....

Bill,

Didn't Morgan City Wash have another big flood around the turn of the century

that buried a safe from a general store?

I remember reading about that a number of years ago

Flak

I think you're referring to a safe that was supposedly lost after a dam on the Hassayampa river broke.

http://www.angelfire.com/az/zodiacenterprises/HASSYAMP.html

Steve

I think you're referring to a safe that was supposedly lost after a dam on the Hassayampa river broke.

http://www.angelfire.com/az/zodiacenterprises/HASSYAMP.html

Steve

Hi Steve,

I looked it up again, it was Tyson Wash where this safe apparently was swept

away during a flood. It seems every big wash in a gold bearing area has it's story

of a safe or a stagecoach strong box being swept away.

All the best,

Flak

In my opinion this site is not in mc wash but in me wash 5 miles north east of wittmann. Morgan city wash is 12 miles over the mountains. Look close at the directions in the story and ashleys account of the drive.

I'm just pulling your chain a little Bill irecall you telling me that when I sent that to you.

I will have to re-read the info I have on that "lost ledge" You are much better than I at tracking treasure leads... I have always had an urge to spend some time trying to locate this one. Would be neat to find something like that and one of our members actually found a hill top that was rumored to be covered with nuggets in years past. He located such an area using the clues in the story and found such an area in the Bradshaws I think. Got some nice nuggets as well and I think it was Arizonaguide (Kim) that posted it....