Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Fever in Sacramento

chantry1969

Hey guys I'm a brand new member... I'm also fairly new to prospecting within the last three years or so. I just want to share a few of my experiences and hopefully hear some of yours.

I am into all types of prospecting, from using a shovel, sluice box, and pan to nugget shooting with a detector. I have had success in both of these methods in a few different areas in California and Nevada. Most of the panning I do is along the Cosumnes River out in the Sloughhouse area, but I have also found gold out in Rye Patch Nevada.

I just want to meet other prospectors who like going on trips and participating in events and the like. I want to get more "in-the-loop" on these sorts of things.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of some of the gold that my younger brothers and I have found in the last couple of years.

post-24117-0-71290500-1294122593_thumb.j

post-24117-0-54677200-1294122610_thumb.j

post-24117-0-91415600-1294122629_thumb.j

Hey great intro and welcome to the forum and you are at the right place to learn for sure. Looking forward to your input! We do outings each year and as a matter of fact I am thinking of throwing up a forum invite to meet at Gold Basin this spring for a gathering.

Oh yeah, nice gold....

I am a easy going person but when it comes to prospecting the more people involved the worse. Meaning I don't do group outings or really join prospecting clubs because I want all my finds all for myself why should I share? I am not into the liberal lifestyle. Also another reason to learn geology and get out there to stake your own claims. I will say this you folks have a decent forum going to get the new guys looking for information on hows and whys of all this. Just remember loose lips sink ships. Also Guns and Gold do rule the earth. Hope you all have a great year and have some good finds.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!

I defer to experience Garimpo

and I'm laughing at bear spray being a human condiment.

My ears are still ringing from a time 5 years ago

when joeforthegoldhad me fire his 50 caliber pistola.

That baby shot out a flame a foot and a half long,

the ricochet hit a rock and lit up the camp site.

The camp site had gone dark because the muzzle blast

had blown out the lantern that was sitting ten feet away.

Thats Joe on the left in the pic below - a stand up man.

That was a funny night.

Flak

Terry, I don't know about fully loaded, depends if I have the 45ACP cylinder in or the 45LC. Most likely it will always be the 45LC and then it would depend on how I load the ammo. 185 to 300 grain lead makes a big diff in weight. I make all of my own ammo.

David, I also have a S&W XVR 460 Magnum. That sucker puts out an even bigger blast than the 500. It was bought special for taking to AK. To friggin heavy to carry while beeping.

Guest bvillebud

So who thinks making 2 grams an hour in the motherlode region or in any other high density gold areas is a reasonable goal for an experienced miner or even a beginner? Given they have a large sluice and they work by themselves?

2 grams = appx. $90 and that ain't bad for a tax free hobby and you WILL find better paystreaks sooner or later and then your GOLDEN :brows: No permits or gas for equipment makes you a lean mean mining machine and much more doable as the KISS rule is the way to prosperity---tons a au 2 u 2-John :eee:

Guest bvillebud

2 grams = appx. $90 and that ain't bad for a tax free hobby and you WILL find better paystreaks sooner or later and then your GOLDEN :brows: No permits or gas for equipment makes you a lean mean mining machine and much more doable as the KISS rule is the way to prosperity---tons a au 2 u 2-John :eee:

Right John, but how much of that area is available for mining on without a permit or claim? Even if you paid a small amount to mine on someone's claim everyday it would likely be better since it's a proven gold area.

Does anyone reading this actually mine gold for a living without huge electric equipment etc and if so where and how much do you make a year? I don't expect an exact location just a general area.

With the insane hype iniated by spiking spot prices gold properties are becoming harder to find. I have made money -MUCH MONEY-- working private property as have always prostalized that it is the only way to go because getting pounds and giving some away is nooooooooooo problem but a few grams and keeping it all is not better to me. How much--thats the $100,000,000 question as feast and famine is the only real rule. I've spent over $10,000 and worked for a month to get a few flakes and spent next to nothing and found over $20,000(todays prices not 1997)in a few hours sooooo just have fun as when you turn your recreation into your vocation it does lose a lot of the shine. Need is indeed not want or desire and having to do something is entirely different :eee: and my recommendation is simply do it before your too dam :olddude: to care anymore and lose the ability to quest John