Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
munizaga

External Speakers GPX 4000

I have a Detec amp and speaker for my gp3000 and was told that I could use the same speaker with the 5000 because it has a built in amp

I don't know if the 4000 has the built in amp if it does the Detec speaker only is $75 if not

go on ebay they usally have detec amp and speaker set up on there

Roger

Hi,

I would only say look a bit further, there are other systems out there.

Why wouldn't you get speakers that will work with any Minelab.

After all you may upgrade one day and it seems

silly for you to have to go through the whole thing again.

I have a dual speaker system which I highly recommend, it makes

faint sounds come up better than a single speaker. There are a few places

those can be found as well.

Good luck.

Flak

I have been recently using a dual speaker system, with my new hearing aids. I have tried everything and so far this seems to work very well. I do have a 4500 so my battery does the amplification. I would suggest getting a 4500 battery to use with your 4000 and you should be good to go.

I recently bought a new set of Black widows.... I too hate headphones. Probably will sell them

Headphones are a pain sometimes...migrating all over your noggin, getting tangled in brush, masking outside sounds, such a the buzz of a rattlesnake, and having to be removed when you set your detector down. That said, for me, they are definitely, far and away, the best equipment that you can attach to a metal detector for identifying targets...especially deep whispers on a windy, noisy outing.

The speakers are made for CB radios, if your into making you own.

Some even come ready to use with wire and mini audio plug.

Cobra makes one that has an audio out jack.

The ones I have are Montana Bob's handiwork, he even mounted them on my harness for me! The speaker brand is GME Electraphones, sourced in AU

I still like to use a good set of headphones tho when it's cold, windy or a group hunt.

The debate over speakers vs headphones, comes down to personal preference and confidence. I do know that for me speakers are far less fatiguing.

Hi NvChris,

Happy New Year!

I have the same Montana dual speaker set-up

it is a surprising difference from a single speaker.

The speakers are permanently wired onto my (Nimrod - thanks for the tip), pack.

I alternate back and forth between headphones and speakers.

When I am alone I almost always use speakers, in groups or with a partner I tend

to use headphones unless someone wants to listen in.

When the wind blows, headphones for sure.

I have both wired up ready to go all the time so

switching is a cinch.

Dual speakers rock.

Flak

G'day, I have two speakers, one from Doc's and one radio shack, I added a on/off switch on both. They work well alone or as a dual system, cant tell the difference between the two other than the name and they cost about the same. The on/off switch is a must in my opnion. I also use Doc's screamer system and that is GREAT not having a cord to the battery in the harness..........Idaho Al

Thanks. Where can I find docs speaker system? If I can't find something better I'm looking at buying the following

http://cgi.ebay.com/Minelab-GPX-Battery-System-Nugget-Finder-Coiltek-Gold-/260716527276?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb3ea7eac

Anyone ever used this?

Just found his site googling it.

http://www.docsdetecting.com/

Thanks. Where can I find docs speaker system? If I can't find something better I'm looking at buying the following

http://cgi.ebay.com/Minelab-GPX-Battery-System-Nugget-Finder-Coiltek-Gold-/260716527276?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb3ea7eac

Anyone ever used this?

Just found his site googling it.

http://www.docsdetecting.com/

I sell all of Doc's stuff except Coiltec Coils....

Send an email or PM with part # of what you need for a price. Or call... 623-910-0345

Anyone ever used this?

Hi munizaga

I have this system and use it on my 4000. It works very well I have it setup as a wire less battery and amp. I have the 10,000 Mamp/hr battery and ordered a 5000 aMmp/hr as a backup. I have the Eurecka worx control box cover with the side pocket. The Battery fits in it and amp is velcroed out sie the pocket and the speaker is mounted on the left side so I can here it good. The 10,000 Mamp/hr battery will last about 9.5 hrs which is more time than I can spend swinging in a day even with the hip stick. Bill Fletcher makes these. His web site is Bill & Lindas Prospecting page. Here is some pix of my set up. the sound is clear and undistorted. If the wind gets up and it is hard to here I just plug in my 2.4 GHZ wireless headphones to the amp and they work ok if it is't to bad. Far real bad wind I use the Detector Pro Gold and just have the one cable to the detector. But it has to be real bad to use them.

Keeper Swinging

CH

post-23867-0-03826200-1294593705_thumb.j

post-23867-0-80303100-1294593743_thumb.j

post-23867-0-35433900-1294593762_thumb.j

post-23867-0-52302300-1294593795_thumb.j

All I got to say is your MISSING GOLD and if you don't beleive me invite me :inocent: you will always hear more with headphones :tisk-tisk: Mike C...:ph34r2:

All I got to say is your MISSING GOLD and if you don't beleive me invite me :inocent: you will always hear more with headphones :tisk-tisk: Mike C...:ph34r2:

Hi Mike

True, phones are hard to beat. I still use my phones a lot. I have never have illusions that I get it all, just an opion.

Keeper Swinging

CH