Nugget Shooter Forums

Check this out!

Anything is possible to make illegal in Disneyland North. I doubt, however, that this little hand pump will be getting anyone thrown in jail. Nor do I think it will result in much gold recovery.

Hand pumps are legal in California and are not affected by the dredging ban.

The handpump in the video is not the best of these types of handpumps from what I saw on the video, check out a pump that is called the "Gold N Sands" it has been proven by many who have purchased it and the designer/seller will stand behind the units he sells, it doesn't use the long thin PVC as in the video, but I guess you maybe able to add such an attachment, it is much easier to use than what I saw in the video posted and the Gold N Sands will get gold if there is any where you use this handpump.

Skip

Hand pumps are legal in California and are not affected by the dredging ban.

The handpump in the video is not the best of these types of handpumps from what I saw on the video, check out a pump that is called the "Gold N Sands" it has been proven by many who have purchased it and the designer/seller will stand behind the units he sells, it doesn't use the long thin PVC as in the video, but I guess you maybe able to add such an attachment, it is much easier to use than what I saw in the video posted and the Gold N Sands will get gold if there is any where you use this handpump.

Skip

Thank you for this insightful reply, I will check the Gold N Sands out. And thank you, also, for the legal information.

Thank you for this insightful reply, I will check the Gold N Sands out. And thank you, also, for the legal information.

The legal info was gained from the following.

"Allowed activities not considered suction dredging

for purposes of this Initial Study and the SEIR, key constitituent parts of a suction dredge include the following: (1) A vacuum hose operating through the Venturi effect which removes sediment from the bottom of the stream; (2) A motor-driven pump; and (3) A sluice box. The following, in turn, is an incomplete list of activities that are not considered suction dredging for purposes of the Proposed Program, as they are not subject to the Department’s permitting authority under Fish and Game Code section 5653, subdivision B. However, other permits or authorizations from the Department may be required, including in some instances a Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement pursuant to Fish and Game Code section 1600 et seq. (See also Cal. Code Regs., tit. 14, § 228, subd. (f).) • Use of non-motorized (e.g., hand-powered) suction dredging equipment; • High-banking outside of the existing water line; • Sluicing or panning for gold; • Use of a suction dredge with its intake pipe removed but still using a pump to move water through the sluice box; • Power sluicing for gold; and • Use a suction dredge (e.g., cutterhead dredge) for the purposes of infrastructure maintenance, flood control, or navigational purposes. There may be other methods of placer mining not captured by the above list. 4.2 Summary of Existing Regulations The current regulations governing suction dredging"

Skip

Many different styles for many years,at least 40 I know of. Mount on a 5 gallon bucket and don't blast your goodies on the ground. NO VENTURI and no motor makes any of these designs good to go in kalif--PS--boat hand op bilge pumps VERY rugged and much more volume for a bigger unit to get any production at all-John

One dredging technique I used years ago in N. Kali was to lay a run of PVC pipe (2.5") up the creek to capture a flow and fall of water about 40 vertical feet above my dredge hole and add fire hose from the bottom of the PVC down to my Gold King 2.5" venturi which was mounted on my Gold King sluice box in normal fashion...The pressure of the water into the venturi was sufficient to allow dredging in exactly the same way as the motor powered version...I did it to avoid the noise of the motor...I would assume that NOT having the motor would make it legal there now, even tho' every other aspect of operation was the same, including getting the gold! :thumbsupanim ...Cheers, Unc

One dredging technique I used years ago in N. Kali was to lay a run of PVC pipe (2.5") up the creek to capture a flow and fall of water about 40 vertical feet above my dredge hole and add fire hose from the bottom of the PVC down to my Gold King 2.5" venturi which was mounted on my Gold King sluice box in normal fashion...The pressure of the water into the venturi was sufficient to allow dredging in exactly the same way as the motor powered version...I did it to avoid the noise of the motor...I would assume that NOT having the motor would make it legal there now, even tho' every other aspect of operation was the same, including getting the gold! :thumbsupanim ...Cheers, Unc

Ron,

Using the venturi as part of a gravity dredge would violate the ban, as the venturi is part of the description of a suction dredge by the Ca. DF&G in SB670, if you use just a hose and use siphoning as the suction you maybe able to sidestep the ban.

Quote; "for purposes of this Initial Study and the SEIR, key constitituent parts of a suction dredge include the following: (1) A vacuum hose operating through the Venturi effect which removes sediment from the bottom of the stream; (2) A motor-driven pump; and (3) A sluice box."

Skip

That's pretty sharp thinking, Ron! Thank you for sharing.

Skip, the set up I described has only two of the three components, therefore would circumvent the definition...Cheers, Unc

Sorry as any "1" of the components is a violation in use. On the Feather River area if ya have even a pump in the back a your truck your stopped. See for yourself as new cable show on CDFG will put ya in the REAL know--John

Many different styles for many years,at least 40 I know of. Mount on a 5 gallon bucket and don't blast your goodies on the ground. NO VENTURI and no motor makes any of these designs good to go in kalif--PS--boat hand op bilge pumps VERY rugged and much more volume for a bigger unit to get any production at all-John

Well HJ, why didn't think of this? Good info for all of those cracksuckers out there.

post-23855-0-09180500-1293635592_thumb.j

post-23855-0-77578400-1293635615_thumb.j

Well HJ, why didn't think of this? Good info for all of those cracksuckers out there.

Is the one mounted on the skate board an electric crack sucker? What a great idea! How well does that one perform? Can you fill us in on the details of that little machine... what size pump, hose, and a basic how to?

Many thanks!

Dean

Is the one mounted on the skate board an electric crack sucker? What a great idea! How well does that one perform? Can you fill us in on the details of that little machine... what size pump, hose, and a basic how to?

Many thanks!

Dean

Hi dean,

I got this from a forum, but I am unable to attach the post. If need more let me know. It sure looks like a good Idea. I've thought of a few improvements and some other hand operated hand operated boat bilge pumps that are double action. For instance to move water from its source to where the gravel is, etc.. I don't know at the moment as to how high up something like this can pump water(water head) but I will be working on this. Also, Bilge pumps, as said by Hoser John, are very sturdy and pump like heck.

Thank Hoser John for coming up with good sh--t.

Bill C