Nugget Shooter Forums

Help with gb2 in sw Montana

montanian

Hi guys im new to this site. My name is jeremiah and ive just started prospecting for gold in the past year. I love in troy montana 18 miles south of libby montana. I prospected on libby creek just 10 miles north of libby montana. I had some ancient metal detector and didnt find jack lol. I am interested in the new gb2 fisher gold bug 2. I have read many reviews on it and was wondering if anyone could help a noobie out as far is what kind of coil 6 1/2 inch or 10 inch coil and if gb2 would be the way to go in libby creek if it would be able to find nuggets good on the bedrock.

Thanks guys and have a merry christmas :D

Welcome to the forum, I live in Ronan and hunt the club claims on Libby Creek, I pretty much use the GB2 with 6" coil as well as half a dozen others. A few use the Lobo St and the GMT, The standard coil is also used with good success.Most of the gold is very small, my thought is to get the GB2 combo then you have the best of both worlds. There are a few minelabs being used with the small coil. Any of the machines mentioned will do good, as with any machine it is 80% operator and 20% machine. I will at times use the minelab gpx but say that at least 90% of my gold is found with the GB2 and 6". If you are not familier with the club here is a video of an outing I did

enjoy

Allen in MT

It must be getting to cold up there Allen, your typing is a little off.

You better get down to AZ before you freeze. :inocent:

yes, frosty fingers and I see my glasses were also fogged, got warmed up now :yuk-yuk:

watching the weather forcast for the next week, seeing what the best window is between storms

Allen

Ok allen thank you for your time. Im going to go with the gb2:) You said that most of the gold you found was very small. Did you ever find anything over a couple grams on libby creek with the gb2? And i was wondering if you knew were i could buy a gb2 around here for the retail price 765.00?

yes, frosty fingers and I see my glasses were also fogged, got warmed up now :yuk-yuk:

watching the weather forcast for the next week, seeing what the best window is between storms

Allen

Montanian, Five or six years ago on the Libby Cr. claim I found a 1/2 oz nug with using My GB2 and a 6'' coil. i have found alot of nugs there with my Mine lab GP Extreme and 3500.

Harry

last year you could pick a gold bug II off of eBay for $450, this year with gold prices up, you can get one in the $600 range, if you don't mind dealing on eBay and know how to trouble shoot the scam artists.

Well thats awsome a half ounce gold nugget holy shat!!!! I cant wait. As of getting a gb2 im going to get one from allen in MT. Hes going to bring me one down in march when ill start detecting. Thanks for the feedback guys have a merry christmas:D