Nugget Shooter Forums

Rainy WEEK or so.

frank c

I'm lovin it it has rained so much up here in the northwest corner of AZ. most times just a steady drizzle great for penetrating areas instead of runoff.

Looks like thur/fri we will see some sunlight which shines nicely off the nuggets that will be found in that wet ground....YEAH....YEAH :grin:

I'm lovin it it has rained so much up here in the northwest corner of AZ. most times just a steady drizzle great for penetrating areas instead of runoff.

Looks like thur/fri we will see some sunlight which shines nicely off the nuggets that will be found in that wet ground....YEAH....YEAH :grin:

Wellll Frank the rain is a location specific blessing. Down here in the Prescott area the ground is a hunk of muck the consistency of wet playdough. Got to be careful walking on this crap or you could go skiing down slope and brake something by falling and protecting the detector instead of the bones. Forget digging up a target. You end up with a ball of squishy slimy stuff in hand. What to do with it then? Suggestions?

So Here I be, been waiting for the ground dry a little more do a little dry washing along with detecting here and there. To keep me out of trouble and to feed my desire I'll sluice and pan a bit. Just thinking about makes me shiver. This time of year I sometime have to break the ice to get to water. Mind you, I ain't complaining but feet and hands sure take a beating.

I close my eyes and in the mind's eye I see, in vivid color, brilliant gold nuggets setting in the sand waiting to be plucked. You gleeful devil you.

Good hunting and good luck, hope you find a poke full.

Wish I was there!!

Bill C

Got out to the LSD Thursday afternoon and went to an old dependable patch...In extremely pounded ground I started digging extremely deep targets...Tiny bits of ferrous down 14 -20" in very saturated ground...No gold, but lots of targets that I've walked over hundreds of times...New tires on my Honda 300 4x got me over some seriously messed up roads and trails ... Merry Christmas All...Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah