Nugget Shooter Forums

Arizona 2011 Shows

Hi All!

Looking around the web, I find it difficult to come up with any specific dates for 2011 on rock shows that may be displaying meteorites. Does anyone have any good links or dates and locations for upcoming shows in Arizona?

Anyone going to Quartzsite this year?

BTW, this is my first post to this list. I am a newbie meteorite hunter living in Parker, AZ. Seems like a real nice group of folks!

I am interested in doing some hunts with experienced folks. I have this 10 foot x 10 x 10 foot hole in my backyard and I seem to be filling it up with meteor-wrongs!! :yuk-yuk:

Happy Holidays!

Jim

Welcome Jim! Stay tuned, because this is a happening forum for space rocks! 2011 Arizona Mineral & Fossil Show Tucson Jan 29 - Feb. 12; Jan 1 - 31 Quartzsite; Desert Gardens Show; Jan 14 - 16 Globe (Gila Co. Fairgrounds) :thumbsupanim Terry

welcome to the forum Jim...100 cubic feet of meteor-wrongs...that should keep you busy!

Watch for a goldbasin or franconia outing...you may meet some helpful folks that you can learn from...

The pro's don't usually let us Joes accompany them..after all they are in it for the money, the fame and the glory...and they often get burned...

I am just in it for the thrill of the hunt

fred

Hi Jim and All

The Tucson Gem and Mineral show is the biggest of it's kind on this planet. Meteorite, gold nugget, fossil, and every mineral or rock you can imagine are there. This is the biggie for the world wide meteorite community and there will be dozens of rooms filled with meteorites from all over the world. If your serious about learning to ID meteorites or interested in learning about them this is the place. Many dealers will allow you to handle and look up close and personal to items you would otherwise only see in a display case at museums. There is usually several side functions in a few evenings of the show. The Steve and Geoff birthday bash and the Micheal Blood auction will have most of the serious hunters and dealers present. There will be meteorite hunters and dealers from South America, France, Germany, Russia, Morraco, Italy, Sweden and lots of USA dealers and hunters with many from Arizona. Don't miss it. Happy Huntin John B.

Hi Jim and All

The Tucson Gem and Mineral show is the biggest of it's kind on this planet. //snip

Thanks John!

I am still having issues looking up the shows in Tucson. Does anyone have a link to a printable agenda or show schedule. That Tucson Expo page is terrible, respectfully. :*&$*(:

Best I can tell the "real" show is the Second weekend of Feb. That would be Feb 10th-13th. And it will be at the Tucson Convention Center. Is this correct?

Jim

Hi Jim,

Not exactly. You see, The Tucson Show is actually several shows that exhibit at at least 32 hotels, plus The Tucson Convention Center, plus Tucson Electric Park, plus many resorts, galleries, and outdoor tents. My "EZ-Guide" from last year lists 41 different shows. There are separate shows that concentrate on fossils, gems, minerals, lapidary, beads, art, jewelry, wholesale, and Indian items. These shows run for differing times that go almost a month altogether. The meteorite dealers will be in town from Jan. 29th thru Feb. 13th, and most of them will be exhibiting at the "Hotel Tucson City Center", formerly The Inn Suites at 475 North Granada, just east of I-10, and just south of 6th Street (St. Mary's Exit). The Meteorite Times online magazine always has a printable page with specific information telling which meteorite dealers, will be at what locations, and the dates they will be there. The closer to the show date, the more information they'll have, as they continually update the page. There are also links to google earth maps for ease of location. In past years, Arizona Colored Stone also carried show information on their site.

Ben

//snip

The meteorite dealers will be in town from Jan. 29th thru Feb. 13th, and most of them will be exhibiting at the "Hotel Tucson City Center", formerly The Inn Suites at 475 North Granada, just east of I-10, and just south of 6th Street (St. Mary's Exit). //snip

Ben

Thanks guys!! :unsure:

Jim

Hi Jim and All

There will be several dozen meteorite vendors that never seem to get listed on the meteorite times listings. Many Russian, Morrocan and assorted others dealers never seem to make the list and end up in outlying hotels or tents. However the bulk of the best exhibits and dealers will be in the old inn suites and along the I10 hotels. Maybe I'll do guided tours again if there's enough interest and a large enough group !!

Happy Huntin John B.

Hi Jim and All

There will be several dozen meteorite vendors that never seem to get listed on the meteorite times listings. Many Russian, Morrocan and assorted others dealers never seem to make the list and end up in outlying hotels or tents. However the bulk of the best exhibits and dealers will be in the old inn suites and along the I10 hotels. Maybe I'll do guided tours again if there's enough interest and a large enough group !!

Happy Huntin John B.

I took the tour with John in 2006. He is a great guide. I could never have found all the cool meteorite dealers. I encourage anyone interested in seeing the show, take him up on his offer.

mick

I took the tour with John in 2006. He is a great guide. I could never have found all the cool meteorite dealers. I encourage anyone interested in seeing the show, take him up on his offer.

mick

Hi Mick!

This all sounds good! Thanks! We are planning on going. We are arranging a sitter for the animals now.

Jim