Nugget Shooter Forums

Detector Question

Sport

Hey guys. Was thinking of buying my nephews some low budget detectors. Here is the question.. If you are gonna dig all targets, do you need a high dollar detector to find gold? I use an mxt which everyone knows is a decent all around detector and good for the noobie nugget shooter. I have 4 nephews and cant see my way clear to plunkin down $900 (with shooter coil) x4 for my nephews. I love them, don't get me wrong, but papa needs a new PI machine.... So what can i get these guys so they can come with me and scan? -sport

Heck, if they are out with you just wastin' time and bonding, get 'em some Bounty Hunters at Radio Shack, and let 'em clean up the garbage for you! :thumbsupanim Terry

Hey guys. Was thinking of buying my nephews some low budget detectors. Here is the question.. If you are gonna dig all targets, do you need a high dollar detector to find gold? I use an mxt which everyone knows is a decent all around detector and good for the noobie nugget shooter. I have 4 nephews and cant see my way clear to plunkin down $900 (with shooter coil) x4 for my nephews. I love them, don't get me wrong, but papa needs a new PI machine.... So what can i get these guys so they can come with me and scan? -sport

You sound like a GREAT GUY. Wanting to get the 4 nephews involved with the excitement of unknown discoveries and the rewards of spending time with mother nature on this fabulous planet.

Your dilemma does consider some thought for a productive outcome.

If you want to find gold you need a sensitive detector, it helps to have sufficent power behind that sensitivity too.

SOOOOO0000, DO YOU HAVE THE TIME TO WAIT AND KEEP SEARCHING FOR GOOD DEALS ON USED detectors ? Your goal being to accumulate 4 of them to present to the boys ??

OOOORRRRRR Are you in a financial position to negotiate a package deal from a retailer of 4 alike detectors new.

If I were going to purchase 4 alike new detectors I would most certaintly be asking for a bid from a dealer on them. Being you are buying 4 at once you should be able to get a much better deal than if only buying 1 of them.

So You have to investigate and narrow down which detector would satisfy your desire.

You have the minelab VLF Gold detectors, Eureka and the Xterra's

The Fisher Gold Bugs

Tesoro LoboST's

Whites Gmt and GMZ's

NOW you are back to PRICE Considerations well the only one of the bunch that is relatively less expensive than the rest is the GMZ

I have NO personal experience with a GMZ, I have been told that they do the job.

I have used the other models mentioned above.

Here is a link to a field test on the GMZ for you. http://whiteselectronics.com/info/field-reports/5312.html

You won't know untill you approach some of these retailers what is possible you may get a very good price on the more expensive VLF's as a group purchase of 4 it may surprise you.

Consider Bill Southern who runs this great forum. It would most likely be in your interest to phone or e-mail him concerning this situation. That would be a starting point for you at the very least. And there are other dealers of the various different models also you can contact.

I hope I gave you a first step or direction to persue its a wonderful idea of yours to be so generous and also to push the outdoor hobby idea on the youngsters it good for their brains and health too.

Good luck an Hapy Huntn.

post-562-0-17503800-1292811998_thumb.jpg