Nugget Shooter Forums

Spanking the Studmuffin Twins again

John B.

Hi All

I had a real fun day yesterday showing the Twins some of my old huntin grounds :yuk-yuk: . Lucky for me my financier cajun Cary from was there to spring for the $50k breakfast :tisk-tisk: . Man can those guys eat :o !! I had to advise Cary to keep his hands away from Scotty while he's eating or risk losing em :blink: !! After an hour drive the finger pointing and stories tour began :shhhhh: . Antsie to get started they wanted to hunt the first old patch. Cary was a little under the weather so didn't hunt to hard, Russ dug his share of mexican crap, Scotty scores a modern 50 centavos coin and a 1/2 dozen leaverites :yuk-yuk: . I scored a little nugget next to an old pair of illegals skivies and on the way back to the truck a little silver mexican religios metal . The spanking began :nono: . This is an interesting area that was worked for gold long before the california gold discovery and rush. With lots of more modern and recent drywashing but also lots of old winowings. In an attempt to teach the Studmuffin twins the fine art of digging deep targets and burn off Scotties breakfast I took em to the gold, silver and green turd patch . Some slick willie put my 3500s settings in the cancel mode obviously in a last ditch effort to catch up :( . I won't say who I suspect the culprit was but Russ don't do that again :*&$*(: . I really didn't get much chance to hunt and spent more time supervizing and assisting in mine shaft building :whaaaa: . Scotty with some pinpointing assistance scored 2 green turds while Russ kept working on his first hole and a blister :hahaha: . Scotty is quite the digger and when he reaches for his pick it's best to clear the area and just watch the dirt and gravel fly :yikes: . Man for guys who bragg about digging thier nuggets sooooo deep they sure whinned about digging after the first foot of loose soil :grin: . Russ spent at least 3 hours on his pit, 15 minutes of diggin and 2:45 minutes of cryin and figuring how many ounces of gold it will be :cry2: ?? I only wish I had a camera to share the picture of Russ's upper half in his hole. Nothin but those long legs hanging out stoping him from falling completely in :rolleyes: . Well not having a backhoe, dynamite or illegals handy to finish the recovery of Russ's monster nugget as the sun started to set he gave up :miner: . Promising to come back when his blisters heal to recover his target and backfill the open pit mine before a cow falls in :huh: . As it sits it's one heck of an illegal trap the will probably hold a dozen or soo :thumbsupanim . It was fun guys when Russ mans up some lets do it again ^_^ !! Happy Huntin John B.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Adam

Yeah I wish I had a camera and knew how to use it :angry-smiley-010[1]: . I think I would need a teloscopic lense and a miners lamp to see the bottom of ol Russ's hole :shrug: !! I just hope no border patrol guys fall in and get hurt :angry: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi John thanks for the invite.... Despite having several busted knuckles a bloody blister and a wounded knee from kneeling for 3 hours (now I can't walk on it this mourning) I had a great time too :olddude: , I feel lot's better after reading your post LOL! :lol: . I guess you know who your friends are when they are willing to help dig a hole that deep for 3 hours in solid cemented caliche, :thumbsupanim thanks guy's your real pals, or was it the 33.3 percent of the treasure I promised. :brows: I just can't wait to see what kind of treasure is down there. I'm just afraid when I go back the target will be gone all I'll find is a nice thank you note and a empty sardine can in the bottom of the hole. :lol: Well on second thought I'm sure whatever it is will be safe entombed in solid rock, it's safer than fort knox. As for me sneaking your detector into cancel mode, if I would have thought of it I would have done it before you found your nugget. Well I just can't wait to see what's at the bottom of that 3 foot hole, I'll be all healed up in a day or two and I'll get my headlamp, sledgehammer, concrete chisel and 7 foot digging bar and we'll go back down there and have some more fun! :spinnin: I know you want to see what it is as bad as I do! If it's a green turd it's going to be football size, I don't think I want it bad enough to chip it out of rock solid concrete. :idea:

Mr B...good to see the occasional post...from my favorite "pointy Finger" guy...

as for eating, I guess the boys were being shy at Gold basin...I had to beg them to eat...of course, it could be that I think I am a better cook than others think I am...a legend in my own little mind...

sounds like a fun day was had by all

fred

Hi David, Herb, Steve and the Studmuffin twins

Russ if you target is a green turd the size of a football you have at least another foot or so to dig :hmmmmm: !! Trust me I've dug way tooo many :whaaaa: !! Maybe the name oldfudmuffin is more appropiate for you than goldstudmuffin :shrug: !! Especially after watching your little brother out trench you :huh: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Hi JohnB.

Have to say it's great to see you posting again even if

the Studmuffin gents have to take the brunt of it.

You are also the resident king of the Emoticon users.

Hope to read the results of digging out that pit

whenever everybody recovers enough to get back to it.

Great read from all of you

Flak

Hi John B. What a wonderful post. The Sultan of Oman sent me a Sony Mavica camera. He said it was taken from you but the genie that appears every time you take off the lens cap begged him not return it to you. I have no idea how the Sultan got my name but the genie tells me the same thing. She said she doesn't want to take any more pictures of fat broads. :hahaha:

Merry Christmas!

If you left a hole in the ground in that area, you won't want to go near it again. have you ever seen what illegals call a bathroom? Or seen them when they first encounter a flush toilet?

They STAND on the seat and the beans and burritos fly. It ain't at all pretty, and I'm glad I've never had to experience it personally.

The green turd will have plenty of brown friends when you get back. :shrug:

Hi All

Bill and Sweetheart Scotty the name green turd is a slang word I named them and it seem to have stuck with all the locals. I've probably dug 75 of them including one that looked like a green dinosaur thigh bone. It was about 3 foot long and as big around as a soft ball. Most of which I've given away. I only have a 1/2 5 gal bucket of them left. The asseys for the ones that were asseyed are apx 50% copper by weight in a sulfide form ( no free or native copper inclusions at all) and between 90 and 210 ounces of silver per ton. I have seen several that had free visable gold inclusions or gold attached. I think the asseys that were done were very low or none in gold since the few with gold weren't asseyed. Oddly when they are sliced there is nothing in them that looks like copper yet their exteriors are green from copper leaching as most copper items including copper nuggets are once dug up after bieng buried for a time. In the vicinity of these green turds gold and silver nuggets were and are found. One just has to dig lots of them and hope for the best :( . The area is under claim and not open to prospecting.

Fred the twins probably ate a side of beef for breakfast at gold basin and weren't hungry when you were serving :whaaaa: . That's why I ain't cattle ranchen my property :shrug: .

Happy Huntin John B.

Hi All

Bill and Sweetheart Scotty the name green turd is a slang word I named them and it seem to have stuck with all the locals. I've probably dug 75 of them including one that looked like a green dinosaur thigh bone. It was about 3 foot long and as big around as a soft ball. Most of which I've given away. I only have a 1/2 5 gal bucket of them left. The asseys for the ones that were asseyed are apx 50% copper by weight in a sulfide form ( no free or native copper inclusions at all) and between 90 and 210 ounces of silver per ton. I have seen several that had free visable gold inclusions or gold attached. I think the asseys that were done were very low or none in gold since the few with gold weren't asseyed. Oddly when they are sliced there is nothing in them that looks like copper yet their exteriors are green from copper leaching as most copper items including copper nuggets are once dug up after bieng buried for a time. In the vicinity of these green turds gold and silver nuggets were and are found. One just has to dig lots of them and hope for the best :( . The area is under claim and not open to prospecting.

Fred the twins probably ate a side of beef for breakfast at gold basin and weren't hungry when you were serving :whaaaa: . That's why I ain't cattle ranchen my property :shrug: .

Happy Huntin John B.

Hey I have a couple of those "turds" at home and watched JB dig a nice nugget from a patch of turds a few years ago...

On his belly digging, cussing, sweating, and cussing some more till the nugget showed as we were sure it was another green turd.

Hi All

Happy Huntin John B.

Those green turds were called "halfbreeds" for obvious reason...

Steve

Hi Billy and Steve

Yeah Bill that was a fun hunt :thumbsupanim !! I don't remember collecting my dollar :inocent: ?? Steve the half breeds are from the michigan upper penninsula area :unsure: . They are native copper / silver nuggets. There are several vendors that peddle them at the gem show down here every year !! These are in a copper sulfide form with very rarely occasional native gold or silver inclusions. I dig em for practice and teach greenhorns like the Studmuffin twins what a deep target is really like :shrug: !! Happy Huntin John B.

:yuk-yuk: :yuk-yuk: :yuk-yuk: You guys should really look at doing a new gold prospecting comedy TV show. I think you would blow the tops off of what's showing out there now.

Be sure to keep the same actors/writers/editors of these posts as your star players, or your ratings could fail. Hell, I'll even invest in your stock. I have never laughed so hard in my life watching the Stud Muffin bros and JB get together in their posts, and communicate their life experiences in the gold fields. We can all relate our moments at times, but these guys are continuous and constant. Never a dull moment in laughter.

Billygoat

Hi Billy and Steve

Yeah Bill that was a fun hunt :thumbsupanim !! I don't remember collecting my dollar :inocent: ?? Steve the half breeds are from the michigan upper penninsula area :unsure: . They are native copper / silver nuggets. There are several vendors that peddle them at the gem show down here every year !! These are in a copper sulfide form with very rarely occasional native gold or silver inclusions. I dig em for practice and teach greenhorns like the Studmuffin twins what a deep target is really like :shrug: !! Happy Huntin John B.

John-

I misread your post. You are right that copper nuggets found with native copper and native silver are found in Michigan for the most part.

Steve

Guest goldstudmuffin

John, I'm going to try using my MXT to pinpoint that target with, it has a 6" round coil and should work good for pinpointing. It has as good a discriminator as any VLF. If I had another geen turd (yours or Scott's) to see where it reads on the VDI scale maybe I could tell what it is before I dig another foot deeper... :tisk-tisk: I might just cover the hole up. :*&$*(: Here's the MXT disc VDI scale.

Target VDI Range Some Possible MXT Targets found in this VDI Range:

-95 to - 20 Antique iron relics, Iron nails, rusty iron junk, hotrocks

-20 to 0 Small gold nuggets, gold earrings, gold chains, small bits of iron, gum wrappers, small bits of foil

0 to 15 Platinum rings, smallest gold rings, gold earrings, gold nuggets, sterling chains, Larger foil pieces, gum wrappers, bits of chopped aluminum cans

15 to 30 Most gold rings, Gold nuggets, Gold $1, Nickels, oval pull tabs, bent tabs, bits of chopped aluminum cans, zipper tabs

30 to 45 Largest gold rings, Larger gold nuggets, Gold $2.50, Copper Nickel cents (1856 to 1864), Silver War Nickels, Most square pulltabs, iron bottle caps, small aluminum screw caps, Costume jewelry

45 to 60 Gold $5, Corroded zinc cents, 3 cent silver, Zinc potmetal junk, Costume jewelry, Brass keys, small aluminum screwcaps

60 to 70 Indian Head Cents, Small Sterling earrings, Zinc Cents, hotwheels cars, larger aluminum screwcaps

70 to 78 Gold $10, Modern Copper cents, Half cents, two cent pieces, Small Sterling rings and Sterling jewelry, hotwheels cars

79 to 81 Gold $20, Sterling silver rings, Clad or silver dimes

82 to 88 Clad or silver quarters, Heavy Sterling silver rings, Sacajewea "golden" dollars, SB Anthony dollars, buried brass sprinkler heads

89 to 92 Clad or silver halves, large cents, buried brass sprinkler heads

93 to 94 Clad Eisenhower or silver dollars, large copper pipes