Nugget Shooter Forums

Calif Dredge Ban Bans All

Micro Nugget

I got an e-mail yesterday from a Warner Bros. assistant requesting technical advice, information and the rental of a suction dredge for use in filming a segment for "The Mentalist" in California. I replied by informing her that even just possessing a suction dredge within 100 yds of a California waterway is ILLEGAL for everyone, including WB, but I also gave her the Google info re Keene Engineering. It will be interesting to see if WB [a probable donor to the same California pols who banned dredging] gets some sort of special treatment when they shoot the segment in January. Stay tuned... Uhhh, by the way, what is "The Mentalist"?

I got an e-mail yesterday from a Warner Bros. assistant requesting technical advice, information and the rental of a suction dredge for use in filming a segment for "The Mentalist" in California. I replied by informing her that even just possessing a suction dredge within 100 yds of a California waterway is ILLEGAL for everyone, including WB, but I also gave her the Google info re Keene Engineering. It will be interesting to see if WB [a probable donor to the same California pols who banned dredging] gets some sort of special treatment when they shoot the segment in January. Stay tuned... Uhhh, by the way, what is "The Mentalist"?

Martin its just another TV show like all the rest out there, theres no Jimmy Cagneys, John Waynes 3 Stooges Andy Griffiths OR anybody else of note out there in TV land anymore. Hell they don't even know how to make TV shows or Motion Pictures anymore theres not much worthwhile to watch at all.

I'm sure Warner Bros. pictures can squeek a way to get a dredging sequence if they wanted. Won't be like me or the next guy in line trying to accomplish that task.

Interesting a regular television series would include gold prospecting equipment. I wonder what the plot is? A gold miner runs the dredge and sucks up the murder weapon? It will be of note if any special treatment is given WB. Still, I wish it would become a moot point and CA could dredge again.