Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Rush & Chinese personal weapon

Hello folks, have not posted in a while but while hunting for the ellusive gold I located a Chinese miners camp. Lots of opium cans and such, but what got me real excited was this broken blade I found. I knew it had to go to either a short soward or dagger type weapon. Well not being able to find the other end to this blade I went home with a few relics not worth mentioning. the next day my buddy came by and handed me a zip lock bag with the handle that went to the blade I found.Nice little blade the China-man had ! :brows:

post-22658-0-26412500-1292360469_thumb.j

post-22658-0-71420500-1292360482_thumb.j

post-22658-0-10329000-1292360507_thumb.j

That is really great. We found a Chinese camp too... lots of opium cans, one guy even found a non broken pipe to go with them.......... love finding that old stuff!

Quite a nice find!

I believe I would rather find that stuff than the gold nowdays. Those old articles tell a lot about the old time miners and their lives. Somehow I think the history they made was more valuable than the gold they recovered.

That is awesome! The history of the West is widely known, and widely unknown. There are always secrets and things to find out there, and to hold a piece of history in your hands and imagine who, what, where, when... That is truely a unique and wonderful experience.

Thanks for the pictures.

Paul