Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DustyRoundup

My Research, How do you read this?

Howdy,

Here I go with another question for you guys.

In my research , for my local area, I came across this.

Ok, I cant copy and paste it, dangit.

So, it says.

In 1880 ,this mine had a 500 foot piece of ground that yielded $6,500,000. in gold.

In 1889 , it produced the largest gold nugget ever found, and was later purchased by a Mr.Clark for $10,000.

So, they used the word "nugget", and there are placer and lode gold deposits all over that area.

Anyhow, could it have been a lode specimen? and the writer used the word nugget,?

This mine is still owned and possibly operated, so that area is out of the question.

But the drainage area, aand surrounding area has some possibilities.

Any hints on more research into the exact type of gold found?

Placer vs. Lode?

Thanks

Dusty

I think you are probably refering to the Highland nugget, There was alot of mining done in that area and there should be records on file with BLM and possibly in the court house.

Go to this web site and get ahold of Robin, he is the most knowledgeble person in the state and has probably set foot on every square foot in the state. and has been a big help to all in mining and prospecting.

Go to his office if you can catch him and set down with him and explain what your looking for.

Also another one to talk to is Dick Berg more into the sapphires etc. We have had both of these men do presentations at our gold shows when we held them in Butte.

http://www.mbmg.mtech.edu/about/staff/mcculloch.asp

also you can get claim info here, but can be a hassle getting into it

http://www.blm.gov/lr2000/

Allen in MT

Guest apple522

archlord gold

In Isabelle Parsley's recently article,archlord gold she takes a look at what some call the 'grind' in MMOs and that, just maybe, it's not as bad as it's been portrayed.archlord gold Whether it's collecting materials for crafting or finishing that 'kill 10,000 orcs' achievement,archlord gold there is something to be said for 'grinding'. See if you agree...or not...and then leave a comment below.flyff penya

LOTRO is my game of choice right now and it's structured like most other MMOs out there:flyff penya the game world is divided into zones that are appropriate for increasing level ranges,flyff penya with quest hubs scattered throughout.flyff penya Also like many MMOs these days,maple story mesos LOTRO has a ton of non-quest things to do – they’re called deeds,maple story mesos and they’re just like WoW’s or EQ2’s achievements. Which also means that there are always going to be more deeds to do than you can comfortably accomplish,maple story mesos certainly in your first pass through a zone.

maple story mesos

archlord gold

In Isabelle Parsley's recently article,archlord gold she takes a look at what some call the 'grind' in MMOs and that, just maybe, it's not as bad as it's been portrayed.archlord gold Whether it's collecting materials for crafting or finishing that 'kill 10,000 orcs' achievement,archlord gold there is something to be said for 'grinding'. See if you agree...or not...and then leave a comment below.flyff penya

LOTRO is my game of choice right now and it's structured like most other MMOs out there:flyff penya the game world is divided into zones that are appropriate for increasing level ranges,flyff penya with quest hubs scattered throughout.flyff penya Also like many MMOs these days,maple story mesos LOTRO has a ton of non-quest things to do – they’re called deeds,maple story mesos and they’re just like WoW’s or EQ2’s achievements. Which also means that there are always going to be more deeds to do than you can comfortably accomplish,maple story mesos certainly in your first pass through a zone.

maple story mesos

Spam?

This is a fine example of what this forum is really all about. Someone asks a rather abstract and particular question, and they get an answer from an expert, pointing them directly to the info they need. Bravo Allen, and a big pat on the back to Bill and his forum! :thumbsupanim Terry

I think you are probably refering to the Highland nugget, There was alot of mining done in that area and there should be records on file with BLM and possibly in the court house.

Go to this web site and get ahold of Robin, he is the most knowledgeble person in the state and has probably set foot on every square foot in the state. and has been a big help to all in mining and prospecting.

Go to his office if you can catch him and set down with him and explain what your looking for.

Also another one to talk to is Dick Berg more into the sapphires etc. We have had both of these men do presentations at our gold shows when we held them in Butte.

http://www.mbmg.mtech.edu/about/staff/mcculloch.asp

also you can get claim info here, but can be a hassle getting into it

http://www.blm.gov/lr2000/

Allen in MT

Spam?

That's the polite name for it. :*&$*(:

Yeah, Thanks Allen,

I will use your advice.

I havent heard of a name for it, so far, but I will research "Highland Nugget"

Do you know the feller in Deer lodge that runs that Prosp. supply shop?

He told me a while back, that I oughta try detecting the ridges in that country.

That maybe after some years of decay, I might find some exposed gold.

And Yeah, SPAM?

is that guy following my posts?

And how the heck do we get him off of here?

LOL, it bothers me.

Thanks

Dusty