Nugget Shooter Forums

Drywashing....

Nugget Shooter

Has now become quite profitable in our deserts, even on club claims so for some of you new folks here is a feller using the same drywasher I use and prefer. Listening to the drone of a gas engine drives me batty so I opt for a 12 volt electric setup. Nice way to get the family to come along as well and we all work together... ;)

Yeah i saw that video a while back too and i agree in that i hate noise too so i always opt for battery power as well, only i use the little handheld batteries, they are easier to carry long distances but what was intersting to me was that he took the time to change camera angles and distances which kept it interesting, not to mention he did find a good bit of gold as well, good video.

Bill, After one the members had such trouble with his, Keene sent him a replacement flapper valve.

A couple of days ago I bought one also and imediatly found out why they sold it, it did not work because the flapper valve had hardened and was very stiff.

I changed it to a thinner more flexible thinner piece of rubber and then it worked perfect. I am building a mini- dry washer for a deSKTOP DISPLAY, IT WILL BE A WORKING MODEL.

I am getting about 200 fly specks to a 3 1/2 gallon bucket where I am working close to the house, theres bigger stuff deeper.

Max

Has now become quite profitable in our deserts, even on club claims so for some of you new folks here is a feller using the same drywasher I use and prefer. Listening to the drone of a gas engine drives me batty so I opt for a 12 volt electric setup. Nice way to get the family to come along as well and we all work together... ;)

Gilaoro,

With your help, and that new flapper from Keene, My Keene 12V puffer works like a charm.

Thank you again for your help.

Bill, After one the members had such trouble with his, Keene sent him a replacement flapper valve.

A couple of days ago I bought one also and imediatly found out why they sold it, it did not work because the flapper valve had hardened and was very stiff.

I changed it to a thinner more flexible thinner piece of rubber and then it worked perfect. I am building a mini- dry washer for a deSKTOP DISPLAY, IT WILL BE A WORKING MODEL.

I am getting about 200 fly specks to a 3 1/2 gallon bucket where I am working close to the house, theres bigger stuff deeper.

Max

Max

If'n you use rubber for the valve it will deteriorate pretty quickly. I have found that the thick window film for window insulation and safety works like a charm. I forgot the trade name, but it is the type that you can buy in any hardware store on the rolls.

It will last for 20 years and remin supple. No decay, yellowing, hardening or other problems. Works great!

Puffers are nice and quite, Also they are good at saving the fines,Great for sampleing, But for me the name of the game is moving dirt,I love my 141 keene,It aint that loud saves the fines and you can pick the pickers off the first riffle, Besides you have a vac to clean off the bedrock with a quick switch over.

Bedrock Bob, I finaly remembered the trade name of that plastic material and you are right it last and last, the name is "Tyvek" and it comes in many forms. I use Large envelopes made from Tyvek to mail books.

Thanks I,try it In my puffer!

Max

quote name='Bedrock Bob' timestamp='1291933554' post='143387']

If'n you use rubber for the valve it will deteriorate pretty quickly. I have found that the thick window film for window insulation and safety works like a charm. I forgot the trade name, but it is the type that you can buy in any hardware store on the rolls.

It will last for 20 years and remin supple. No decay, yellowing, hardening or other problems. Works great!