Nugget Shooter Forums

Gem Dino Bone

G'Day Steve

Wow that is some strange stuff! Some awesome colors. Where do you pick this stuff up?

Cheers

Johnno

Johnno-

Most of the gem grade dino bone comes from Utah. Some of the old material came from federal land until they banned collecting it. Still a lot to be found on private property although it may have to be dug up using a backhoe,trackhoe,etc. Most of the surface material has been picked up already. Really neat looking material. I had a nice piece of gem grade dino bone (vertebrae) but was forced to sell it.

Steve

I've seen some before from the blackrock desert but small and NOT nearly so colorful and those species are righteously interesting-THANX MUCH for the link,gonna look some more---John :D

Johnno-

Most of the gem grade dino bone comes from Utah. Some of the old material came from federal land until they banned collecting it. Still a lot to be found on private property although it may have to be dug up using a backhoe,trackhoe,etc. Most of the surface material has been picked up already. Really neat looking material. I had a nice piece of gem grade dino bone (vertebrae) but was forced to sell it.

Steve

G'Day Steve

My better half is from Utah, I think she's been holding out on me. The only bones that she offers up are chicken bones. And I'll let you know first hand they don't cut well, as for holding a polish, forget it! And they downright look ugly :yuk-yuk:

Cheers

Johnno

• 4 months later...

Im sorry for bringing up an old thread but these pictures are out of site! Im new here so thats why Im late lol. Ive been watching for larger mens dino rings for some time, always just see womens. Do you know people or are they yours to sell ever?

Now that my money is kind of invested I have to see these, sheeesh.

Just awesome pics and rings, drop me a pm or something if you ever have some listed just in case Iv got some extra funds.

Jason