Nugget Shooter Forums

Well CRAP

Allen in MT

I guess that it has come to that time of year when things must be cleaned up and put away.

Up here in Mt we had a bit af nasty weather early. It started last Sat. during the Cat Grizz game here in Missoula with a bit of blowing snow and a drop of temp to about 10 degree as 26,000 + fans huddled in the stadium and has snowed the last 3 days.

Today it has been an average of 7 with a wind chill of about minus 10 and that makes it a bit hard at digging up those yellow bits and who the hel;l can detect and dig in this kind of weather. Could have been down south by now, but no! the wife said we have to spend Christmas at home this year, Well the tree is up in the yard and lit up and the snow is drifting so it must be Christmas. Had to plow snow 2 times now. I think its time to leave.......

For something to do on these fridgid days I got a bunch of gold (about 10 oz)cleaned up to go into the furnace, tomorrow is melting day. Will post a pic of final product when done.

e&hagd

Allen in MT

Allen ,I got a picture from Superior Mt this Am. your winter is here

Would like to see a pic of that pour, you had it all figured out pretty well laast year. It aint as easy as some think to have a smooth pour .

I am kind of interested in knowing why you melt it down if you dont mind me asking.

Seems like it would have more value left alone. Also the pics would be nice to see too!

Hey there Allen.

Why not do it like we do here in the low deserts of Arizona.

"Drive up to the mountains, visit the snow, and then drive home and change into shorts and t shirts and catch some rays".

Seems more logical that way to me. Just sayin'

Patrick in Havasu.....(Smiling)

ALLEN,I'M GLAD THAT I LEFT BEFORE THANKSGIVING THIS YEAR. ITS ABOUT 50 DEG. AND WINDY HERE TODAY. ALOT BETTER THAN THE - DEG. WEATHER IN MT. I FOUND THREE SMALL NUGS LAST WEEK. BEEN TOO BUSY THIS WEEK GETTING THE POWER RESTORED THAT THE COPPER THIEVES STOLE FOR THE SECOND TIME THES YEAR. BRING YOUR FURNACE WITH YOU AS I HAVE SOME GOLD NUGGETTS THAT I FOUND IN ALASKA THAT I WOULD LIKE TO MELT DOWN. KEEP US POSEED ON YOUR GOLD MELTING PROCESS. YOU WILL STAY WARM CLOSE TO THAT FURNACE ON A COLD WINTER DAY.

HARRY

Winter has hit the Motherlode too, not nearly as cold as MT but I have already had to plow once! Montana Bob has 3- 4' of the white crap and has not has power for almost a week..........

Smeltin or meltin......... melting is for fun, smelting is for improving the fineness of the gold (gets rid of all the base metals). I have finally mastered smelting so I can use raw placer for my casting gold.

Matt

Just clean it up a bit into dore.

Jerico

cleaning it up by smelting gives me a better idea of what to expect when sent into the refiners, when gold was cheaper it was easier to sell now its harder.

Pat in hav

I'm in the mountains now and com Jan I plan on driving down your way for a couple of months and bask in the warmth

Max

Haven't made it down yet, might move around a bit more when I do, yes I say your ladels, (nice)

I did the video of the melt but my puter won't recogonize my camera so I posted a pic of the bars in another post.

Allen