Nugget Shooter Forums

Meteorite hunting spots in california

When I searched the internet I found alot of dry lakebeds in southern california but I am wondering if there are any good ones in northern and central california.

You can start here and do a search for what has already been found. If you put California in the "search text" box and then check the box for "places" under the "search for" area, you'll get a list of all of the previous finds in california. You can then plot them on google earth.

Meteoritical Bulletin Database

Have fun and be safe

mick

Every time i read this forum i get great info, Thanks for that handy link Mick i'm gonna check that out, I was going thru my collection of odd rocks that i just wasnt quite willing to throw out just yet and my meteor pole stuck to one of em pretty good maybe i'm onto something, whats the next step to figuring out if its a meteor or a sticky rock?

Thanks Bucket. It's good website and an easy place to start the research process.

Brad46, check out the link I sent you and if you combine that with google earth you'll have a good idea of what's near Jackson. Finding a good meteorite spot, gold spot or even a good fishing hole requires research and some work. Most folks won't give up their honey hole. Fred gave you some good tips. Just gotta put in the time brother...

mick

• 3 weeks later...