Nugget Shooter Forums

Treasurenet

David Wiseman

Hello all, some of you may recognize me from treasure net. Though there are some unstable people out there, treasure net was NOT taken down by a hacker.

There was a hardware failure at the ISP. The problem has been being worked on diligently and is near resolution.

Thanks, DiggingThePast, I was wondering what had happen and I searched the internet to see if the "hacker" was really the cause and couldn't find any conformation, I glad this is the case and not a hacker, though neither one is a good thing!!

I miss checking/reading the Treasurenet forum.

Skip

FYI---I got my info from a post made on another forum---the guy stated that the hacker was using his email add to do things :inocent: Mike C...:ph34r2: PS-AU Seeker I guess you did'nt LOOK hard enough :olddude:

Mike,

I found other posts on other forums that said they heard it was a Hacker, but nothing but rumors, nothing concrete to confirm the rumors.

Skip

FYI---I got my info from a post made on another forum---the guy stated that the hacker was using his email add to do things :inocent: Mike C...:ph34r2: PS-AU Seeker I guess you did'nt LOOK hard enough :olddude:

Mike - It was a hardware failure. I'm a mod there and have info straight from Marc. As I said before there are some unstable folks out there that try to harm boards such as these but that is not the case this time. I've been trying to get the truth out there but the gossip spreads faster than I can type. LOL.

• 1 month later...

I guess TreasureNet is down again? I haven't been able to get on lately...seen some similar posts come up while searching Google.

The spammers are after us again as well and I have deleted a couple new membership applications with one in validation mode as we speak. They are going as far as to send back the validation email and everything, but I am catching them.

They will have a tough time hacking us or my main site again I think, but I have to manually keep the spammers out...

I was running a couple forums for a while. When the spammers got to be problematic, I would just turn on Admin Authorization only for a while. They got the hint and all would settle down after a week or so.

It may make it a hassle for legit requesters, but a simple note that "due to high spam account attempts..." worked wonders in soothing folks over.

Just make sure to change passwords often and keep them strong (15+ characters with every combo and not "spelling" something). Those cracker programs are getting pretty adept these days.