Nugget Shooter Forums

Ok to answer Regmaglitch's question about the Headhunter PI underwater detector

on dry land...I've had it for three years and never take it out of the box except

for last Friday...went to the recent push where some guys took out a couple of deep

nuggets...I went back over it with my GPX4000 and a small DD coil and they didn't

leave me any gold....so then since I lugged the dang underwater detector along with

me I gave it a try...three controls are in the headset...once of which changes the

frequency to suit the ground conditions...the detector has the 11" open face mono

coil aka concentric...since I didn't find any gold with the GP4000 I didn't expect

to find any with this machine either...which I didn't...it's light weight...well

built...has all the controls in the headset...I liked everything except for one fact..

it's a "slow motion" machine...haven't used one of those since the early 70's....it's

kinda like using the "deep" program on the GP4000...low and slow....

One other good feature I liked a lot...on the GP4000 and any coil I get a lot of

interference from electrical lines and have to hunt in "cancel"...not on the Head-

hunter...couldn't believe how quite it ran with the 11" coil...I think they also have

a 8" coil that would be a super small nugget getter....just what I need is another

coil...since this machine is a diver then there's no problem with rain..now if they

would make a "anti-lightening" machine that would be the way to go....

Rained here hard last night...that's why I'm in the house today...so soon as I close

out this post I'm going to be sitting out front drinking a cold Brahma beer and

testing the PI Headhunter to see if I can hear lightening strikes like on the 4000..

Hey Garimpo,

Thanks for the info on the Headhunter PI. Will it hit nuggets that you've found with your Minelabs? (not Brahma bottle caps, haha) If so, how many inches on airtest? Hope your rain lets up.

Ben

Hey Garimpo,

Thanks for the info on the Headhunter PI. Will it hit nuggets that you've found with your Minelabs? (not Brahma bottle caps, haha) If so, how many inches on airtest? Hope your rain lets up.

Ben

Yes it will but not like a gold machine...after all it's made for coins and most

nuggets are much smaller than coins....another reason I bought the two divers(VLF

and PI) if I ever get to the beaches down here I could do great using my GP4000

but I don't like the rust that starts right away...with these divers (also their

waders) when you get home at the end of the day just lean them up against a wall

a hose'em down with the garden hose...

• 3 weeks later...

i got 1 :thumbsupanim

its a great detector waterproof to 10 feet its a deep seeker even in our hot ground here in az its getting coins at 8 + inches

a real coin & jewelry magnet & its also quite hot on nuggets

handles the ground great

im loving mine

hope this helps this is my first day field report

hi all

finely got out with the at pro for a quick field test heres my thoughts after 2 days in the field

i ran the at in pro all metals iron discrimin 29

day 1

took the unit out to our beach on the Colorado river this spot is covered with nails everywhere & rusty bottlecaps & hot ground black sand abounds...................

the at ran good nails were not a problem & i was able to id the rusty bottlecaps , the at is a deep seeker some of the coins were at 8 inches in this ground thats quite a trick

in very heavy trash the at is quite a chatterbox reminds me of a fisher 1260 but im used to the chatter so not a problem for my ears

in normal trash it runs quiet

i notice a lot of hunters are not liking the headphones that come with the at but i found them quite comfortable & the cord is more than long enough in my option .

day 2

got out to a local park that has been pounded hard

got quite a few coins , the meter id is right on the money & i can tell a nickle 50 from a square pulltab 52-54 with eaze

on the way off the field i got a 69 solid repeatable reading & i got this little beauty 10 k 2.7 pennyweight gold ring at about 3 inches down

then we still had some daylight left so we trotted off to a local gold field for about an hour to see how the at could fair at nugget hunting

the at runs like silk & shows great sensitivity to gold nuggets even small nuggets

the at handled our hot ground like a champ & i would say it will make a good nugget detector

i did not find any nuggets but there were a few targets that were found that showed the at was up to the task

imho the at is a all around winner

good hunting all

walt

post-267-0-49850200-1293295869_thumb.jpg

post-267-0-45801500-1293295912_thumb.jpg

i got 1 :thumbsupanim

its a great detector waterproof to 10 feet its a deep seeker even in our hot ground here in az its getting coins at 8 + inches

a real coin & jewelry magnet & its also quite hot on nuggets

handles the ground great

im loving mine

hope this helps this is my first day field report

hi all

finely got out with the at pro for a quick field test heres my thoughts after 2 days in the field

i ran the at in pro all metals iron discrimin 29

day 1

took the unit out to our beach on the Colorado river this spot is covered with nails everywhere & rusty bottlecaps & hot ground black sand abounds...................

the at ran good nails were not a problem & i was able to id the rusty bottlecaps , the at is a deep seeker some of the coins were at 8 inches in this ground thats quite a trick

in very heavy trash the at is quite a chatterbox reminds me of a fisher 1260 but im used to the chatter so not a problem for my ears

in normal trash it runs quiet

i notice a lot of hunters are not liking the headphones that come with the at but i found them quite comfortable & the cord is more than long enough in my option .

day 2

got out to a local park that has been pounded hard

got quite a few coins , the meter id is right on the money & i can tell a nickle 50 from a square pulltab 52-54 with eaze

on the way off the field i got a 69 solid repeatable reading & i got this little beauty 10 k 2.7 pennyweight gold ring at about 3 inches down

then we still had some daylight left so we trotted off to a local gold field for about an hour to see how the at could fair at nugget hunting

the at runs like silk & shows great sensitivity to gold nuggets even small nuggets

the at handled our hot ground like a champ & i would say it will make a good nugget detector

i did not find any nuggets but there were a few targets that were found that showed the at was up to the task

imho the at is a all around winner

good hunting all

walt

post-267-0-49850200-1293295869_thumb.jpg

post-267-0-45801500-1293295912_thumb.jpg

Well if it ain't long lost Walt! Good to see you are still with us and thanks for the input on Garret's latest man!

yuppers im still here :olddude:

how the hell are you ?

been bz all summer digging gold on the colorado river not nuggets

found 73 rings so far this year not all gold :aw-shucks:

heres a few of them

post-267-0-20002300-1293725628_thumb.jpg

post-267-0-18574100-1293725708_thumb.jpg

post-267-0-30321200-1293725790_thumb.jpg

post-267-0-08606800-1293725813_thumb.jpg

post-267-0-96936500-1293725906_thumb.jpg

post-267-0-80853600-1293726042_thumb.jpg

post-267-0-00876800-1293726066_thumb.jpg

post-267-0-86874600-1293726147_thumb.jpg

post-267-0-79351300-1293726322_thumb.jpg

Well if it ain't long lost Walt! Good to see you are still with us and thanks for the input on Garret's latest man!

Hi All '

Iv'e had my At pro about 6 weeks now and the results are pretty much the same as WLTDWIZ posted above.

I also wanted to say Thanks to Bill for allowing us to post about other brand detectors besides mimelab and not having the post removed like other forums are doing.

As my luck would have it shortly after I got the AT Pro I was able to get my dream detector A Minelab :thumbsupanim E-trac :thumbsupanim WoW Iam Blown away by it's total package! When the weather let' up I am going to give ya all some updates on my hunts with the E-track

Extractor