Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nugget Shooter

Rock or Mineral of the Day Thread

Nope, but you are disrupting this forum and it ain't happening anymore either stop on your own or I will deal with it Bob. You have a good number of members quite upset and you have left me no choice but to deal with it. I have tried everything including explaining the purpose of the forum and asking you and Steve to work it out.

Either you want to be a helpful and friendly member or you don't simple as that and for many years most members have been just that and it will stay that way here as to help others in this hobby not to use it as a place to insult and taunt others for some odd reason? What do you get out of it anyway?

Where have I insulted him? Where have I done anyhting that would not be just friendly ribbing for any other member?

You are just afraid this guy is going to get puffy again and you are going to have to deal with it. This isn't about my posts, it is about HIS REACTION. If you dont think I am a helpful and friendly member becasue this man acts like a child then do what you feel you must do. I wont apologize for his inability to deal with a little ribbing.

Where have I insulted him? Where have I done anyhting that would not be just friendly ribbing for any other member?

You are just afraid this guy is going to get puffy again and you are going to have to deal with it. This isn't about my posts, it is about HIS REACTION. If you dont think I am a helpful and friendly member becasue this man acts like a child then do what you feel you must do. I wont apologize for his inability to deal with a little ribbing.

Not discussing it further I have given you both your options and Steve has agreed to stop and I will take him at his word. What you chose to do is up to you... That includes further discussion here.

Cheers, Bill

Not discussing it further I have given you both your options and Steve has agreed to stop and I will take him at his word. What you chose to do is up to you... That includes further discussion here.

Cheers, Bill

Alrighty then. I apologize to the forum for sugesting that I might send Steve a "stinky slab" in the mail. Whoda thunk that would be too far out of line for a bunch of prospectors. Times change I guess. I'm sorry my comment was a burden on this group.

In keeping with the spirit of the conversation, and moving things along, I would love to offer a find to the group. Can anyone guess where this beauty originated?

Ok maybe I missed something here,I was waiting for an I,d. on The last rock. I have cut up a couple slabs of this stuff they look similar are they hematite or magnatite, If I didnt pay attention enough I'm sorry to inconvienence anyone I love the way they look I dont think it would do much good as I dont think it would polish right, but does have a pretty cool look to it to me..

Alrighty then. I apologize to the forum for sugesting that I might send Steve a "stinky slab" in the mail. Whoda thunk that would be too far out of line for a bunch of prospectors. Times change I guess. I'm sorry my comment was a burden on this group.

In keeping with the spirit of the conversation, and moving things along, I would love to offer a find to the group. Can anyone guess where this beauty originated?

Hi Bob- I am going to say it originated from the colon of a Rioarribasaurus located near Sorroco,New Mexico. :hmmmmm: :inocent:

Steve

Ok maybe I missed something here,I was waiting for an I,d. on The last rock. I have cut up a couple slabs of this stuff they look similar are they hematite or magnatite, If I didnt pay attention enough I'm sorry to inconvienence anyone I love the way they look I dont think it would do much good as I dont think it would polish right, but does have a pretty cool look to it to me..

Do a streak test. Reddish to reddish brown is hematite. Black to blackish gray is magnetite.

Steve

Hi Bob- I am going to say it originated from the colon of a Rioarribasaurus located near Sorroco,New Mexico. :hmmmmm: :inocent:

Steve

That is probably a pretty close guess. I figure a Pecosaurus or a Morapod that laid down for the big nap near Las Vegas, New Mexico.

You really know your crap my friend!

Here is a cool one for ya...

Streak black/grey

Magnetic... :idea: Hey Bill, you say a magnet does stick to it? Just from eyeballing the photo, ya it looks like a basalt, porphyritic or vesicular, but most basalts are fine grained but that looks like a single solid mass, do you have a 10X, or 20X, triplet to look closer at the grain, it might even be some sort of strange metamorphic schist.

IMG_20101119_065504.jpg

I'll see if I can find the microscope camera.....