Nugget Shooter Forums
Patrick in Havasu

Rich Hill Camping

We are hoping to take our trailer over to the Rich Hill area, and wondered if anyone knew of any good camping areas there. We will be dry camping, so I guess the BLM would be best?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Patrick in Havasu.....

Hi Patrick. Many people camp on BLM land by Decision Corner. Stop and join the Weaver Mining District before you head out there, get their maps and you are good to go. Tell Maryanne Slim sent ya!

AND go slow that road in there is worst than gold basin fer sure.

AND go slow that road in there is worst than gold basin fer sure.

The faster you go the smoother it is :inocent: Mike C...:ph34r2:

The faster you go the smoother it is :inocent: Mike C...:ph34r2:

Yeah, until you hit an axle buster. Ask Uncle Ron.

Yeah, until you hit an axle buster. Ask Uncle Ron.

Or a Cow :hahaha: Mike C...:ph34r2:

Yep, I used to subscribe to the idea of going over that washboard road fast...Until it thrashed my rear axle and then three sets of brake lines! ... Actually, that road is the reason I don't beep Rich Hill area much anymore unless I come in from the south off Scenic Route road... Cheers, Unc

Patrick,

I camp at decision corner all the time with my rig. Just watch out for tire hazards and you will be fine. I take it real easy on Stanton Rd, it takes me about 30 min but it is a real nice drive. When are you going?

Bunk

Yep, I used to subscribe to the idea of going over that washboard road fast...Until it thrashed my rear axle and then three sets of brake lines! ... Actually, that road is the reason I don't beep Rich Hill area much anymore unless I come in from the south off Scenic Route road... Cheers, Unc

Hey Unc,

Where do you catch the scenic route coming in from the south?

Bunk

Hi Bunk...You go a mile or so towards Wickenburg from the junction of 93 & 89 .... The road is called Scenic Loop Road...Take it straight north then, just before Box Canyon you turn left (north)...It's about 5 or 6 miles and you meet up with Angel's Ranch Road south of Decision Corner near the Lucky Linda claim....You do have to cross a couple of big sandy washes..I don't think you'd want to take a motorhome or 5th wheel until you check it out...Cheers, Unc

Thanks everyone for your help

Bunk, if we don't go to Laughlin for Turkey day, I would like to go to Rich Hill.

We won't be able to make a decision till Monday or so.

I want to donate a bunch of 50 cal. bullets from Havasu to your claim to keep you on your toes..... :hahaha:

Will anyone else be in the area?

Patrick in Havasu.....

I might be able to be convinced to head out there the day after Turkey Day or that Saturday :inocent:

Hey Patrick, no dig em ed here. I live in Congress and should be available for a hunt or two. PM me for phone #

Hey there "no dig em". How have you been?

As soon as I find out what our plans are, I will be sure to get in contact with you.

The laughs we shared and the outing campfire are to be remembered for a long time. Looking forward to many more.....

Patrick in Havasu.....

Sorry about your Luck Unc but I've been up and down that road many times in the last 15 years and never had a mishap because of the road-knock on wood :brows: Mike C...:ph34r2:

I don't see how one could mess up their junk that bad at a prudent speed :inocent:

Now, if one was hitting it trohpy Truck or Pre-Runner style in a stock vehicle, I could see the possibility of some damage. :D

Patrick. I am up here at Rich Hill/ Stanton now. The road was bad before todays rain,so its probably worse.Just take your time and you will be fine.There are lots of camping spots around Decision Corner. Be sure to join Weaver or other local clubs.I will be up here for the next week.Good luck . Dave

Hey Jimbeax ... When I was in Congress (at the SV Motel) the last week of September/1st week in October I tried to look you up to no avail. I thought maybe you had moved. Glad to hear you are still in the area. If you don't mind ... please PM me with your cell or home number so I can reach out to you in February if you will be around.

Have a great holiday season in the mean time. Mike F

Hey everyone. Plans are finally made.

We will be leaving Lake Havasu on Thursday morning. Arrive about noon or so?

We will camp at "Decision Corner".....Black Suburban, old Nomad trailer, brown and tan in color.

Anyone in the area, stop by and say hello !

Patrick, Wendy and Dog.