Nugget Shooter Forums

external speakers for the GP5000

MT-AZ-HP

Harry,

If the wind isn't blowing to loud you'll love them and your Wife can hear where your at! Talk to you soon,

Rick

RICK.I'VE BEEN USING EXTERNAL SPEAKERS ON MY 3500 SINCE I PURCHASED IT . MAUREEN ALSO USES THEM. I DON'T MISS MANY TARGETS EVEN ON A WINDY DAY. I JUST TIP MY HEAD CLOSER TO THE SPEAKER WITH LESS WIND NOISE.

HARRY

Harry something you said made me think you are using an single speaker. If you aren't using one on each shoulder you should try it ... Nothin like the sweet sound of gold in stereo! :thumbsupanim

Mike F.

Harry something you said made me think you are using an single speaker. If you aren't using one on each shoulder you should try it ... Nothin like the sweet sound of gold in stereo! :thumbsupanim

Mike F.

Mike I've been using duel speakers from day one on my GP 3500. Mike if the wind is blowing in my left ear i place mt right ear closer to the right speaker. That way i dont miss many signals on a windy day.Wind or no wind external speakers will out preform headsets for a person that wears hearing aids as I do. I found a 1.1 gm. nugget today in gold basin . The wind always blows out there.

Harry

Harry, are you guys down at Q yet? If not, when ya gonna be here. We are at the same spot in front of Sugarloaf.

Ron

Ron,We are at our home in Dolan Springs .Will head that way when the weather turns a little chilly. We will probley camp in the Dome Rock dry camping area again.Will post on the forums when we leave this area.

Harry

Hi Harry,

This is a direct lift from the 5000 manual about Target Volume:

Target Volume

The Target Volume controls the strength of target signals and at settings above 8 it will slightly increase the volume of the threshold as well.

This is useful for very windy conditions, people suffering from hearing loss, or when using external speakers.

With the audio amplifier built into the Li-Ion battery pack you can plug a speaker directly into the battery, and set an appropriate level of amplification using the Target Volume.

Be aware when switching from headphones to an external speaker; you may need to make minor adjustments to your Threshold (p. 33) and Volume Limit (p. 52) controls.

hope this helps,

Flak

Hi Harry,

This is a direct lift from the 5000 manual about Target Volume:

Target Volume

The Target Volume controls the strength of target signals and at settings above 8 it will slightly increase the volume of the threshold as well.

This is useful for very windy conditions, people suffering from hearing loss, or when using external speakers.

With the audio amplifier built into the Li-Ion battery pack you can plug a speaker directly into the battery, and set an appropriate level of amplification using the Target Volume.

Be aware when switching from headphones to an external speaker; you may need to make minor adjustments to your Threshold (p. 33) and Volume Limit (p. 52) controls.

hope this helps,

Flak

Thanks Flak,for the info on the 5000 and external speakers.

Harry

Harry ... I agree 110% on the dual speaker use. I haven't used my headphones for gold since day one with the externals. The Beach on the NH coast is the only time I use the head phones so I don't appear like the pied piper with all the kids following the beeping sounds ... unless I feel like entertaining them. Pretty funny to watch them fight to do all the digging.

Mike F