Nugget Shooter Forums

Im new to Prospecting and was curious if anyone could give me any advice on joining the GPAA...or any other club. Im just very unsure of where to start and how to go about looking and figure the club setting I may learn more from others who have experiance. I've done a good amount of researching but I am more of a "visual learner"...advice?

If you travel all over the USA & want a place to camp and prospect GPAA, I guess there alright ......I don't belong to them ....

If you live in AZ the roadrunners might be a better club to join, as they have claims all over AZ. or the Weaver mining district claims might be another, by Stanton.

wonderer

Hey Tyler! Clubs are a GREAT way to grow and learn. Try these Rich Hill clubs:

Weaver Mining District

PO Box 955

Congress, AZ 85332

MaryAnn

928-427-6344

$30.00 a year

Y NOT Prospectors Club

PO Box 366

Congress, AZ 85332

Tom & Maggie

928-427-9605

$35.00 a year

Please tell them Terry Soloman from AGA sent ya! :thumbsupanim

Roadrunner Prospectors is a good club, and has alot of claims nearbuy.

Roadrunner Prospectors is a good club, and has alot of claims nearbuy.

I sent in my membership for GPAA to renew it through the mail, end of last August. I'm still waiting, sent a check in the mail...the only thing I've gotten from them is notices to renew my membership.

If I had planned a trip, wouldn't have any claims to go prospect on. I guess, renew online might have been better...a little late for this year though.

I sent in my membership for GPAA to renew it through the mail, end of last August. I'm still waiting, sent a check in the mail...the only thing I've gotten from them is notices to renew my membership.

If I had planned a trip, wouldn't have any claims to go prospect on. I guess, renew online might have been better...a little late for this year though.

Has your check cleared the bank yet, are you sure of the correct address you sent your application too?

If your check has not cleared yet I would contact the GPAA's office and see if they have received your application/renewal, if they haven't you may want to talk to them about how to proceed, maybe cancel the check and join/renew online or over the phone by credit/debit card.

Contact info for the GPAA, from their website...

CONTACT US BY MAIL

Gold Prospectors Association of America

43445 Business Park Drive Suite #113

Temecula, CA 92590

CONTACT US BY PHONE

Toll Free: 800-551-9707

Local: 951-699-4749

Fax: 951-699-4062

CONTACT US BY EMAIL

General Information: info@goldprospectors.org

LDMA Information: ldmainfo@goldprospectors.org

Advertising: advertising@goldprospectors.org

Skip

I don't think GPAA got it. In a couple decades, I can't remember ever having anything lost in the mail. It is just the though of what might have been, if I had planned a prospecting trip, like I'd done the previous year for Oct/Nov. I could go online at the GPAA site, no mail to get lost that way. I doubt if it would ever get lost a 2nd time in the mail, it's just so unusual...but I guess these things do happen once in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

While the GPAA (National Org) may have it's fair share of screwups (both operational and human), the GPAP (Phoenix chapter) is a good bunch of folks... well, except this one woman I wanted to have it out with at the last meeting for blankly stating that the 4-wheelers are all "a bunch of yahoos." More on that in a different post.

The group meets monthly in Central Phx and has raffles, outings, etc. monthly, too.

Everyone I've met so far has been very welcoming and apt to talk about places (in general terms) and techniques. And most all seem to be there to have fun and find gold.