Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ccross

Quartz veins in my backyard

I have about 3 to 4, 4 inch in width quartz veins running through my back yard. My house/yard was built into a hill, so 3/4 of my back yard go vertical about 6 or so feet and so do the veins. I noticed these veins when I first moved in but never thought anything else about them. I live in Dahlonega, GA and was wondering what are the chances of there being gold associated in these veins? If it's not worth my time I wont pursue trying to find it hence why I am here. Any thoughts?

I have heard by reading other forums that theres rock that contains good amounts of gold but you can't see it and the metal detectors don't detect it. In the same place guys here were saying if you take a jewlers loop and take a close look at the rocks in question you can see much better what your looking at. 00000067.gif

Also I hear you can find out what the gold bearing rock that has already been found in your area in the past looks like. That will tell you what you might be looking for as you go your way. I think the guys name on here is Bedrock Bob i found it here http://www.nuggetsho...showtopic=18387

wow $1400+ gold I am getting the fever bad now :Dhappy0045[1].gif

Gold_Striker on twitter

www.goldminingequipment.info

I have about 3 to 4, 4 inch in width quartz veins running through my back yard. My house/yard was built into a hill, so 3/4 of my back yard go vertical about 6 or so feet and so do the veins. I noticed these veins when I first moved in but never thought anything else about them. I live in Dahlonega, GA and was wondering what are the chances of there being gold associated in these veins? If it's not worth my time I wont pursue trying to find it hence why I am here. Any thoughts?

The only way to find out if they contain gold is to check them out, your in a good area for gold so it's possible.

If you have a metal detector or know someone that has one you could borrow it would help to determine any gold near the surface of these veins, a gold detector would be best, but any good modern detector may pick up any gold.

Also most of the gold if any is present should be in the contact zone of the quartz and the surrounding rock, but it could be within the quartz as well if it was fractured when the gold was forming.

What do these quartz veins look like are they pure white, or red, black, and brown looking, are they solid or sorta crumbly?

If you could post a picture of the quartz it may help.

Skip

Crush it up and pan it take some wall rock with it try and get a sample every 5 feet and if the vain pinches down or bends or gets wider get a sample in these areas also.