Nugget Shooter Forums

"Its Alive"

frank c

A beautiful Saturday morning, after 2 plus years Nellybelle came out of her coma, a couple small glitches and she came to life and PURRS LIKE A KITTEN.

The dual electric fans are louder than the engine.

Now a little finishing up and then a Shakedown cruise soon. Looks like she'll be huntin gold and meteorites this winter season.

post-562-027905100 1289077765_thumb.jpg

post-562-017366500 1289077829_thumb.jpg

post-562-029038300 1289077864_thumb.jpg

post-562-038148500 1289077895_thumb.jpg

post-562-038827200 1289077948_thumb.jpg

Frank Nellybelle is one beautiful little gal....don't see how you can stand taking her to

the desert and getting her dirty....you've done one heck of a good job restoring her...I

notice the gel battery...a little pricey but worth it...I have one in the Toyota..it really

spins this diesel engine....now you will have some time for gold gettin.....

Aloha Frank,

Hot dang! Nice Jeep you got there.:thumbsupanim Those horns must sound off pretty good. I could use a couple of them to scare off any critters in the area for sure.:inocent:

Just curious why you didnt instal a slimline radiator and electric fan as that would have given you more power.Just curious as I am making my wish list for my jeep for a rebuild new year.

Aloha and be safe as usual.

Stan aka Ka'imi:olddude:

Stan, I converted the cooling system to a dual electric fan setup. no mechanical fan. Those duals put out mucho CFM's.

As far as the radiator I didn't want an aluminum, electrolysis eventually takes over. This is a new 4 row and should keep her cool like a cucumber .

The thermostat housing has also been swapped to a latter model 4.0 F.I. which has the threaded bung where I installed a painless switch 180 0n 170 off that controls the dual fans, sweeeet. I have many upgrades on this engine rebuild for performance/reliability.

Theres only 1 thing left to reinstall, thats the 1 foot tall Big Daddy "Ed Roth" Desert Rat on the front end to sniff out the gold an meteorites.

post-562-019049300 1289139955_thumb.jpg

Aloha Frank,

Thanks for the info on the cooling system.May have to get in touch with you before I finalize my list . OMG, I just wonder how many guys out there know who Big Daddy Roth and his rat are!dry.gif I used to wear his sweatshirt to sleep every night as a youngster and my mom thought i was nuts.

Aloha and see you out there.

Stan aka Ka'imi

:hahaha: The Rat Fink rocks still and ol'Ed "Big Daddy" is RIP but lives on in collectable comics and old school hot rod mags. Still have pics and keychains as t shirt finally went to pieces literally. John

• 2 months later...

Sweet Jeep--great restoration job--and the rest of you are aging yourself.Big Daddys art and custom work will live forever.

post-22858-0-84803700-1295285553_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet Jeep--great restoration job--and the rest of you are aging yourself.Big Daddys art and custom work will live forever.

Thanks, and your right Rat Fink will live forever, new generations will discover it.

Next project is a home built hard top utility version designed for prospecting thats on the agenda this winter.