Nugget Shooter Forums

At LAST!!!!!!!!!!

fredmason

Well, the my Gold Basin Saga at last has a happy ending. After Grandpa John proved there is Gold in the Basin...he let me check the signal with my 3500 and after watching his low and slow technique...and now having a fully functional and brilliantly working 3500...........I found a Gold basin nugget...but wait, there's more....

Monday morning I found a mini-patch and got three more nuggets...to say I am thrilled is an understatement....

many good people have listened to me whine and cry about gold basin...at last I can look other nugget hunters in the eye and say...hey, I have found some too!

Many thanks to GP John and all the others that helped me in my little quest.

The smallest nugglet weighed 2 and 1/2 GRAINS the biggest was 25 grains...total of 2.6 GRAMS

I got five little meteorites too...for 113 grams total

My buddy Jeff found a nugget on Sunday morning...my apprentice beat me to our first gold-basin nugget...good for him!

Fred

post-378-065463000 1288884705_thumb.jpg

post-378-088410700 1288884735_thumb.jpg

BIG CONGRATS FRED, yes Grandpa John was instrumental in this JINX BEATER.

BUT don't forget Uncle Marvin had a hand in the magic also.... first was BUNK with Uncle Marvin finding a beautiful 116 plus grammer then YOU shook Marvins hand, it just took a couple days longer for the magic to work cause you were a HARD CASE Senerio. :hmmmmm: :whoope: :hahaha:

post-562-043747200 1288887123_thumb.jpg

Very nice Fred! I know nailing gold out at Gold Basin has been a goal of yours for years and you certainly put the time in to earn those bad boys. Congrats!

Sheesh I barely kept the skunk off my back out there with meteorites last weekend! Oh well... sometimes it happens.

Did you stop by Franconia on the way and nail a chondrite there? I'm sure you know what I'm referring to!

Fred ... WTG and Congratulations! :thumbsupanim The silence will now be deafening now ... whatever will you be able to complain about now? :inocent: Hope you know I'm yanking your chain ...! :rolleyes:

Hope to see you around in February when I'm in AZ ... any chance you'll be around RH area then ... been a long time since the last AZO outing where I first met you.

Mike F

Hey Fred, congrats... no other place like the basin... gold and meteorites at the same time... cant get better than that...

Dave

There is nothing sweeter than after so many skunks in gold basin to finally get that nugget,It took me 4 trips out there and i was starting to doubt they were any left out there, :nutty: Then BAMM,Funny how they are easier to find after the first one, :miner:

Great day, Fred! Thanks for posting the pictures and sharing the news. There's still hope!

Paul

Fred: How well I recall the travails you were having with your 3500 during the WSPA outing some months back. Great news to hear of your turn around [a fully functioning detector can make life sooo sweeeet]!