Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

garimpo

Headphones or speakers?

In case you need a reason for using a speaker instead of your

headphones this might be it!!!!

Wearing headphones for an hour increases the bacteria in your ear

700 times.

I DO NOT use ear phones here along the border.

Gotta hear whats going on around you , you know.

I do use open ear buds some times if the wind is up but can still hear around me.

Oh , hell my ears are Bacteria Factories any ways.

When the green stuff starts to flow, I just dunk my head in some peroxide. LOL!

I DO NOT use ear phones here along the border.

Gotta hear whats going on around you , you know.

I do use open ear buds some times if the wind is up but can still hear around me.

Oh , hell my ears are Bacteria Factories any ways.

When the green stuff starts to flow, I just dunk my head in some peroxide. LOL!

Peroxide does it for me about once a month...leave it in for 10

minutes...followed with alcohol to dry things out....

LOL! Is the Alcohol Head soaking External or Internal? :yuk-yuk:

1/2 vinegar and rubbing alcohol is the medical doctors answer to ear problems. Matches the alkalinity of humans,kills bugs/mold/bacteria and dries easily after a wicking with tp. Dredgers answer to recurrent filthy water from dredging into ears. Never a infection in 20+ years instead of multiple times a year.USE NO PRODUCT with glycerin in it-aka swimmers ear-as it DOES NOT DRY and actually makes the problem worse-Many MANY 1,000s a miners swear by it and you don't get any cheaper or easier to obtain :thumbsupanim John OOPS-headphones ALWAYS for me

1/2 vinegar and rubbing alcohol is the medical doctors answer to ear problems. Matches the alkalinity of humans,kills bugs/mold/bacteria and dries easily after a wicking with tp. Dredgers answer to recurrent filthy water from dredging into ears. Never a infection in 20+ years instead of multiple times a year.USE NO PRODUCT with glycerin in it-aka swimmers ear-as it DOES NOT DRY and actually makes the problem worse-Many MANY 1,000s a miners swear by it and you don't get any cheaper or easier to obtain :thumbsupanim John OOPS-headphones ALWAYS for me

Good info HJ...being a dredger I still totally forgot about the creek bank eardrops...

I have been using headphones for about 20 years now.... Can't stand speaker systems as I can not hear the slight waivers in the threshold.

Just me...

Got to agree with Bill on this one. I doubt if I would have heard half my nuggets with just a speakerphone. But then I am hard of hearing...

Steve

I mainly use headphones now although I prefer speakers.

Same problem, hard of hearing and with speakers unless the sound is (too), loud,

I miss the subtle threshold changes.

Speakers are a perfect teaching tool.

I have them permanently hooked up to my harness ready to go.

Flak

I agree with all of you on the phones over speakers...when I first started beeping in 1965

the little detector had a hole in it and I ask the "dealer" what it was for...shortly after

that I started using heavy...pinching...hot and sweaty headphones....some are worse/better

than others...but then about three years ago I took it a step farther and started using

earphones....what a difference....El Dorado uses the kind for the hand held electronics

and mine are the molded kind like us old farts use for hearing aids...

I know what you mean Bill about the slight waivers in the threshold...sometimes that's all

you get for a really deep nugget....

Another good accessories that I really believe in is the sound enhanchers...I've been using

one ever since I bought my GP Extreme from Doc...he told me if I wasn't using one then I

was walking over gold...he was sure as tootin right....but now Minelab has solved that

problem with their battery for the GPX 4500 & GPX 5000....

Just last week I tested the GPX 4500 battery with my GPX4000 with the sound enhancer and

believe me that ain't the way to go...worse than electrical interference....

Bill I've been wondering if the so called stock Minelab 11" DD coil is the same as the

Commander?

Bill I've been wondering if the so called stock Minelab 11" DD coil is the same as the

Commander?

The older stock coils are not the same as the Commander Coils from what I have been told. The Commander is the newer upgraded coil line from Minelab and there were some changes made.