Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

Great Outing !

I want to give a BIG thanks to Bunk and Frank for putting on one heck of a good outing! Fun was had by all and the coin hunt was perfect with great prizes. I spent my time hunting and even managed a couple small nuggets and there was allot of gold found with Grandpa John really kicking nugget butt! Met some good folks and got to see allot of old friends, really enjoyed myself and the effort you guys went to is much appreciated...! :thumbsupanim

Hello Bill. Glad you made it home safely. Hopefully everyone else will as well.

Wendy and I agree. The outing was a great success and the reason was FrankC and Bunk's efforts.

They arranged for some terrific weather, and Fred's Chili was to die for. You sure had to be fast to get any though.

As usual, nothing like a campfire on a cool evening. And the STORIES......YIKES.

We had the chance to meet some terrific folks, and made some lasting friendships I'm sure.

We found no gold, but they tell me the little piece I brought in for inspection was a small shard of Meteorite !!! Very exciting. Wendy tried a detector for the first time, and enjoyed herself. She found two very small targets. BOTH pieces of a broken, rusted hair pin !!!! I sure was proud of her.

Hopefully the pics will post.

Have we decided on a date for the next one yet ? ? ?. We are rarin' to go.

Patrick in Havasu

post-23679-075679200 1288573789_thumb.jp

post-23679-079234100 1288573844_thumb.jp

post-23679-002987800 1288573981_thumb.jp

The outing was alot of fun indeed-it was nice seeing and hunting with ya again Bill S--Thanks to Bunk and Frank for putting this together and all who donated prizes for the coin hunt---I managed to win the xterra metal detector donated by Rob A--Thanks Rob :rolleyes: I also beat the Skunk and managed to squeak out this nugget right before I left today :brows: Thanks Mike C...:ph34r2:

post-214-007634300 1288579192_thumb.jpg

Thanks for a great outing Frank and Bunk...

A lot of great people I got to meet. Look forward to the next outing.

Dave

:thumbsupanim Thanks for a great outing Frank and Bunk I enjoyed the hunt and meeting new friends and seeing old ones!! :miner:

Aloha guys,

Sorry I missed this years outing as I got caught up in a Poker Tournament here in Vegas. Didn't think I was going to last so long but I eventually chipped out in fourth place. Still walked away with $950.00 though. So looks like I can afford a weekend off to go to either Franconia or to Gold Basin next week.

Looks like everyone had a great time. But then again since Frank C and Bunk were involved why not.:thumbsupanim

Aloha and see you guys out there this winter.

Stan and Ka'imi

I agree with all the above. Great time and even better to put faces with names (although I suck with names and kept thinking Frank was Bill LOL).

Oh, the stories around the campfire were the icing on the cake. Especially the retelling of Thursday night's events after certain jugs were presented to the crowd at large! :hahaha: I just wish I'd been there to witness it (dang day job).

Was really cool to see the ISS, thanks for pointing it out.

I want to thank Frank C for the excellent pointers on my machine. Hopefully I can squeeze out some Au soon now that I know better.

Since my only two goals of this weekend were to meet and be met and learn, learn, learn... it was a more than successful trip!

I look forward to getting out there with you all again and again!

I just know that I'm taking a camping trailer or better next time! My tent is a warm weather model with all mesh top. Every time the wind blew, there went any heat I had and in came the dust. I just thank my stars that my sleeping bag is rated to sub-freezing.

I'm gonna try to talk Frank A into going out to where several folks are headed right now and see if we can't see what that area has to offer. :ph34r2:

Thanks, again, all who put it together, donated prizes and put it on. I had a great time and look forward to many more hours out in the field with you all!

Hey Bill, you were right, it ain't easy hosting a big outing. Sure glad you got to hunt down a couple nuggets this year. I know I can speak for Frank also, and it was our pleasure to host the Gold Basin outing this year!! WOW, Where do I start! A good time was had by all and lots of nuggets were found, at least 20 that I know of including a few REAL nice ones. Meteorites too, I found my second, 116 grams! The weather was a little windy but we did have few real nice days, calm and warm temps. As allways, folks jumped in and helped out when and where needed. THANKS guys and gals!!

The coin hunt was a success although we did make some mistakes everyone went away happy. This was the first time Frank and I have ram rodded a big outing and we both learned a lot. The #1 prize, an X terra30, donated by Rob's Detector Sales, was won, by Mike C, congrats Mike!

I really want to thank all that donated prizes and effort to make this a really great outing!!

I will add more and pics later, I need to get the Mothership and the Great Pumpkin cleaned up and ready for the next adventure. Also, we had one winner of one of Uncle Rons gold maps that did not get on the list to be sent this map, if it was you, send me a PM and we will get that out to you.

Thanks a bunch to all that joined in on this adventure, we will do this again!

One more thing, you don't have to have a bunch of prizes and a huge outing to have ave good time in the desert and if Frank and could put this together, anyone can, Post an outing today!

Bunk

Frank and Bunk I had a great time! After 33 years of police work dealing with aholes you learn to size up folks real fast. All you guys and gals at the outing are the best. Other than myself not one ahole in the bunch. Just a great group! It was great meeting everyone in person.

Glenn thanks for the quad lessons. I only destroyed about 100 of the local plants and bushes and arrived back in camp alive an in one piece.

Bill S thanks for the pointers and introductions.

I'm "POOPED OUT" haven't even unloaded the truck or trailer yet but I went thru the pics I took and will post some later .

BUT FOR NOW THIS ONE SAYS IT ALL ...... ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLACES TO BE GOLD BASIN ARIZONA IN LIVING COLOR.

post-562-008870200 1288644731_thumb.jpg

Frank and Bunk I had a great time! After 33 years of police work dealing with aholes you learn to size up folks real fast. All you guys and gals at the outing are the best. Other than myself not one ahole in the bunch. Just a great group! It was great meeting everyone in person.

So, I've finally moved up the scale a bit? LOL

Thanks for coming along. The stories and useless tidbits along the way kept it interesting and fun over the 4 hr drives.

We'll certainly have to get the wife out on a quad. She'll want one of her own afterwards, though. And then she'll want a detector and to come everywhere with you. And then she'll see a desert animal and want to bring it home with her.

It's like that story "If You Give a Moose a Muffin"

Bunk,

I'm right there with you. I only pulled out the clothes and perishables. The rest is here at work with me. I might deal with it all tonight... along with hosing off the truck.

Hello All,

It was a Great Outing for sure, I want to Thank the people that were responsible for the Great time and Great prizes from the coin shoot. I need to Thank the Gold Gods also .

:ph34r2:

Hello Mike ,

I was doing something that I shouldn't have because I wasn't reading something right and I merged a post that I had to straighten back out . Me Bad .

I believe it is correct now .

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Mike,

Good to visit you and Gary. Your coil stabilizer you and Gary gave to Scott worked fantistic...

He's ready to pay now :yuk-yuk: :cry2: ... We stopped off on the way home in another area long enough to snag a nugget.

Hi Bill,

It was good to visit with you and Fred and to meet Frank also :ph34r2: ...

Hi Mike,

Good to visit you and Gary. Your coil stabilizer you and Gary gave to Scott worked fantistic...

He's ready to pay now :yuk-yuk: :cry2: ... We stopped off on the way home in another area long enough to snag a nugget.

Hi Bill,

It was good to visit with you and Fred and to meet Frank also :ph34r2: ...

Hello Russ,

I took one over to the plastic shop today to have them give me a quote . I also dug out the jig I made for the first ones and it is still useable, so I will wait and see what the quote comes in at before I start to make some more.

It was good to visit with you 2 also , glad you could make it .

A special thanks to Bunk and Frank C. We all had a great time, it was great to finally put a face to the names. I was lucky enough to put the coil over the top of a couple nuggets.

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hello Russ,

I took one over to the plastic shop today to have them give me a quote . I also dug out the jig I made for the first ones and it is still useable, so I will wait and see what the quote comes in at before I start to make some more.

It was good to visit with you 2 also , glad you could make it .

Thanks Mike... Scott was so frustrated with his 3500 that he was ready to sell all his detectors and take up golf. :yuk-yuk: The stabilizer fixed it.

If you can make some more I'll take 2 of them and I know Scott wants 1 more also. :wubu:

Just got in and had to check forums before bed.

It was a GREAT OUTING, for sure! Met again some ol friends and might have met some new ones! The company was great, weather was great; Bunk and Frank did an outstanding job organizing it all

Can't say enough, but I'm gonna shut up

Shep

Well I think everyone agrees that this was a great outing, thanks to Bunk and Frank and the others that made it success. Also thanks to Fred for the chili verdi and the others that contributed food on Friday, great meal. I also heard the coin shoot was a lot of fun and there were many prizes, I choose to hunt gold instead. The gold gods were with me this outing finding 14 nuggets with a total weight of 3/4 of an ounce, the largest weighing .35 oz. Also found 5 small meteorites while detecting for gold. John

post-3658-024110700 1288821544_thumb.jpg post-3658-050935700 1288821582_thumb.jpg

Nice finds John. With the way your luck has been running, I would hunt gold and for go the coin shooting too.

Bob

John,That was a nice haul on the gold and meteorites. Glod basin is still my favorite huntin grounds. I will be back to Az. next week. Looking forward to another winter in GB.

Harry

John. those are pretty,Sounds like it was a great time out there.You have a gift.Hope to see you in a week.

Grandpa John, you do get results! You put in the time and have learned your machine real well, congrats!

Here are my finds and those of a friend that stoped by for some show and tell. Over a pound of nuggets!

Bunk

post-1609-026405200 1288869062_thumb.jpg

post-1609-049806000 1288869091_thumb.jpg

post-1609-024980000 1288869117_thumb.jpg

post-1609-059646500 1288869139_thumb.jpg

BUNK,ALLI CAN SAY IS ''WOW''. WERE THOSE PURDY NUGGETTS FROM GOLD BASIN.

HARRY