Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Run hydraulic pit

wjbell

Does anyone know anything about this area? The bottom half of the hydraulic area is claimed but from the red marker to the freeway isn't. I was thinking about checking it out tomorrow along with another place up that way and wanted to see if anyone knew if it was off limits or not. Seems strange that there are claims on half of the area. Gotta be private property or something.

And where that creek to the right drains into the N fork, I'd love to do some digging and sluicing down there..

Google map

The red marker is, more than likely, the "right of way" boundry for the freeway or frontage road. I don't believe that you can prospect within the "right of way" boundries. I understand that the same aplies to a railroad "right of way".

The red marker is, more than likely, the "right of way" boundry for the freeway or frontage road. I don't believe that you can prospect within the "right of way" boundries. I understand that the same aplies to a railroad "right of way".

Maybe my map didn't come out right. The red marker I was talking about was the google map marker I placed on the coordinates. There isn't a physical red marker anywhere, just on the map. Basically, the unclaimed area is from the freeway south to that holding pond or whatever it is. About the north half of the "pit".

Now if I go out there tomorrow and see this, I'm going to have some serious questions for google and their privacy policy... ;) kiddin...

2329382156_6a75c71e72-769576.jpg

Never mind, I checked the rec area boundaries and it is well out of them. Looks like solid claims in that area unfortunately.

Thanks for the placer co link.

When I pull that area up in both geocomunicator and google earth with the prospectors power pack they both show the area I'm looking at as unclaimed.

goldrun.png

Maybe my map didn't come out right. The red marker I was talking about was the google map marker I placed on the coordinates. There isn't a physical red marker anywhere, just on the map. Basically, the unclaimed area is from the freeway south to that holding pond or whatever it is. About the north half of the "pit".

Sorry, I thought that you were talking about red markers you found in the area.

The county clerk can verify the status of the area in question.

Check the NFS boundaries. (google earth layers) I could be wrong, but it looks like it's not BLM or NFS so that leads me to think it's private....... that and most of the land close to the I-80 corridor is private.

OK thanks. Probably private.

Back in the day me and my buddies worked around there, private or not nobody seemed to care as we were not dumping trash or anything.

Mostly all we found was tiny small nuggets detecting. That area was worked for small gold.

I have worked behind the rest area going the Reno direction and found little guys detecting ( .5 to 3 grain ) not many though. Worked a little creek there with a pan, no color. North side of the freeway the creeks there have lots of pregnant mercury in the water. Did some sniping there and only gold found was in the mercury.A dredge produced about 1 to 2 pennyweight but then we were told its private so we left :rolleyes:

Jerry

You can use the internet all you want, but the only sure thing is to go to Auburn and check the county records (assessors office) for the latest up to date info.......I would guess it is private

And as you all know sometimes it's as simple as asking a question and you have permission, yes sometimes you're told no but you have lost nothing.

Steve you can look up a lot of properties online and find out who owns them, but you will not get there address. For example the property in question is owned by Gold Run properties LLC. You just do an assessment Search using the parcel # given on the map.

post-781-000932300 1288668068_thumb.jpg