Nugget Shooter Forums

DFX:Dual ground balance question.

zadok

1. I read that the FBS (28 freqs) Minelab Safari selects the frequencies with the least noise and has no traditional ground balance. Is this true for all Minelab FBS and BBS detectors?

2. I've been told that on page 45 of Jeff Foster's book, it is suggested that White's DFX can balance one frequency to salt water and the other to black sand, thus "balancing out" both black sand and salt simultaneously. (I haven't seen the book). I don't see this suggested in the White's DFX manual.

My reaction is that the "saltwater" balanced frequency would suffer in hot black sand, while the "black sand frequency" would have the usual problems a VLF has in hot ground plus any salt water noise.

AM I CORRECT OR HAS JEFF FOSTER FOUND AN EXCEPTION TO THE RULE THAT NO VLF CAN SIMULTANEOUSLY GROUND BALANCE OUT BOTH BLACK SAND & SALTWATER??

Zadoc I've owned a Minelab Soverign...the first with 28 frequencys and have never had a

problem with it ground balancing....I was on a beach in New Zealand that had black sand and

salt and was using a top of the line detector from another major detector company and

couldn't lower it past my knees....wouldn't balance....called the Minelab Dist. there and

he loaned me a Sovereign and was I ever surprised...it did everything the other machine

wouldn't do....my amigo was using my Sovereign to hunt gold just last week...I suppose the

Safari is the newer version of the Soverign....great VLF machines.